See all jobs
Mar 1st, 2022
Technical Writer - Compliance Systems
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
We’re searching for an experienced technical writer to join our team and help take our internal and external transparency and communication to new heights. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
Great benefits, amazing perks, remote work, stock incentives, and a flexible PTO policy make Kraken a great place to work.
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets the requirements of auditors and banking/fintech regulators
- Obtain a deep understanding of Compliance systems and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Develop and maintain records of available technical systems documentation
- Evaluate current documentation and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture diagrams
- Perform code reviews, working closely with Product and Engineering teams to understand Compliance systems, services and applications.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for audiences such as auditors and regulators
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with Engineering and Product teams to understand systems and services and then create visuals and documentation
- Ability to read and understand code in Rust, PHP and Python
- Experience using Lucidchart, Confluence and Gsuite to create visuals and documentation
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know