See all jobs
Mar 2nd, 2022
Technical Project Manager
Spreedly is the world’s first, and leading, Payments Orchestration solution. Our vision is that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive payment ecosystem. Our mission is to accelerate commerce with an open, secure, and flexible payment platform that welcomes all payment participants. Backed by Spectrum Equity, with a $75M investment, Spreedly is experiencing rapid growth.
Connecting to multiple payment services, known as payment orchestration, is the new standard. With Spreedly’s PCI-compliant cloud solution, merchants can connect to multiple payment services simultaneously, optimize their payment stack, control card data, and accept alternative payment types.
Our employees help us execute against our vision through building a culture focused on autonomy, transparency, and collaboration in a dynamic, high-growth organization.
The Technical Project Manager (TPM) is expected to have a broad level of technical knowledge of agile methodologies, principles, and processes in support of technical project execution. They will make well-thought-out decisions on complex engineering issues, clearly understand Spreedly’s technical infrastructure, and will assist in driving the discovery, scoping design, and execution of complex software solutions.
They will build strong relationships with product management, engineering, data analysis, UX, and operations teams to ensure we’re aligned on the most important priorities. They will establish credible delivery and release plans to ensure the work is sequenced properly to address dependencies and feature interactions. They will help cross-functional teams break work into manageable pieces, and identify and manage risks and critical dependencies.
Additionally, the TPM will track progress towards our goals, keep the leadership team updated on progress, escalate critical risks/issues, and engage leadership when pivotal decisions are needed. They will identify processes that will be most effective in helping us achieve our goals, and facilitate regular cross-team retrospectives.
- Manage stakeholder expectations, project scope, and resources needed to successfully plan, manage, and deliver solutions
- Provide analysis that supports the business objectives in alignment with corporate vision
- Develop and communicate project and program status, risks, and issues to all levels of stakeholders, ranging from technical staff to executive management
- Be accountable for reliable and repeatable program delivery processes, metrics, and operational procedures
- Subject matter expert for agile methodologies including training, mentoring and supporting scrum teams to follow agile principles and practices
- Schedule and facilitate scrum events, meetings, and decision-making processes
- Develop and maintain a foundational knowledge of Spreedly technologies, as well as emerging technologies
- Collaborate with cross-functional leadership to provide reports focused on financial and resource management data to aid with revenue and budgetary goals
- Coordinate with other groups to obtain relevant data about the project opportunity and resource requirements
- Continually provide suggestions and implement improvements to business and reporting processes that keep up with changes in the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of successful experience as a scrum leader or in a similar role, having demonstrated strong technical project management skills managing large technology projects, programs, and portfolios
- 2+ years relevant experience defining, developing, and executing program-level technical management and/or training strategies, operations, and action plans
- 1+ year leadership experience or equivalent training
- 1+ year working with, preferably managing, project execution with offshore development teams
What we offer
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Outstanding Medical and Dental Insurance: Premiums are 100% company paid for employees and families
- Note: We offer two PPO health insurance plans: A traditional copay and a high deductible with HSA. Spreedly contributes $1,200/$2,400 per year to the HSA for those choosing the high deductible plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Optional Vision insurance and various Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Open Paid Time Off policy + 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Matching 401k plan (5% up to $5,000 yearly)
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend ($150), new Macbook, and $200 accessory reimbursement
- $3,000 annual Professional Development stipend and free LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Flexible, remote-friendly work environment
- Quarterly visits to HQ for remote employees
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Spreedly has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all in office and in-person company meetings, including mandatory quarterly all hands event.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.