See all jobs
Mar 2nd, 2022
Software Engineer - Data Access
We believe the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and infrastructure developers need to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
Integrations is the most mission-critical component of our infrastructure as it connects millions of financial accounts and billions of transactions to Plaid. As a remote software engineer on Plaid's Data Access team, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the core integrations into our financial institution partners—and help build on the framework that keeps all these integrations together. You will work mostly with a codebase written in Typescript and Node.js.
We're guided by our principles, including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, and inventing tomorrow; we're looking for people motivated by those same principles.
What excites us
- 2+ years of production experience and a strong command of at least one language
- Someone who has led projects and small teams
- Someone who actively considers the fine balance between shipping speed and perfection
- Problem solving. Our work can often require implementing unconventional solutions; you aren’t afraid to explore new domains when previous methods fail, sort through minute details, or find non-engineering ways around the problem
- Production experience designing and shipping highly reliable backend systems and APIs
- A background in engineering, CS, physics, math, statistics, or another related field and a strong track record of building interesting projects
- Impact driven. You understand how your work impacts millions of users
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.