See all jobs
Mar 3rd, 2022
Software Engineering Manager - Developer Growth
We believe the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and infrastructure developers need to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
The Developer Growth team at Plaid is an entrepreneurial full-stack team that focuses on growing the customer for Plaid across the entire growth lifecycle, specifically acquisition, activation and retention. Our scope spans the entire customer platform allowing us to hone in on where we see the most impact as a group. We use data and experiment driven approaches to drive our roadmap and to focus on the customer pain points that really matter.
As the Engineering Manager on the Developer Growth team, you will be responsible for building, growing and leading a team of ~10 engineers across web development and Full-stack SWEs. You will work closely with engineering leads and other cross functional partners to define long term team vision, strategy and roadmap, and support the engineering team to ensure successful execution and delivery of projects.
What excites you
- Using a data driven approach to identify the most impactful areas to grow the customer at Plaid.
- Leading a strong engineering team to build the E2E customer growth funnel with a lot of “from 0 to 1” efforts across the entire Plaid technical stack.
- Working closely with many other engineering teams to define the growth strategy for different products and customer groups (e.g. partnership, key accounts, direct customers, etc.).
- Partnering with Marketing and Sales teams on defining and owning company goals on growth.
What excites us
- 2+ years of engineering management experience, with 6+ years software engineer industry experience.
- Prior experience working on / leading a product-lead growth engineering team, includes growth marketing, onboarding and experimentation.
- Desire to work collaboratively with cross functional teams in product, data science, design, GTM, etc.
- Experience hiring and growing an engineering team effectively.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.