See all jobs
Mar 4th, 2022
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The Role:
Confluent is looking for a front end web developer who is design focused and passionate about building a world-class online experience that fosters sophisticated consumer engagement. We are a fast-moving, innovative team, and are looking for a developer to help us grow.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with partner teams to deliver world class end-to-end experiences
- Implement high-performing and reusable UI components
- Participate in developing technical design for new features, pages, and architecture
- Build responsive web experiences that look great across multiple devices and browsers
- Collaborate with peers to design, write and document, deploy, and maintain our front end codebase
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Have fun building high quality code
What You Will Bring:
- Strong proficiency in React
- Hard worker with a willingness to learn and grow
- Adept at writing current, clean, compliant, search-engine friendly HTML and CSS.
- Writing clean, scalable, component style code.
- Keep up with the latest trends in the front-end world.
- Great communication skills
- Critical-thinking, quick decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working independently in a high-growth, fast-paced startup
- An optimistic and collaborative attitude
- Attention to detail
What Gives You An Edge:
- Experience with Gatsby
- Experience with Graphql
- Experience with CSS preprocessors
- Has built out a CI/CD pipeline before or knowledge of how to update a current CI/CD
- Knowledge and implementation of testing libraries (jest, cypress, mocha, jasmin, puppeteer)
- Knowledge of how to optimize web applications.
- Experience in A/B testing, tracking, and tools like Google Optimize, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Segment, Optimizely, etc.
- Knowledge in Figma, and Zeplin
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.