🏗 ABOUT The Role
We’re looking for somebody special who can put in place the framework of a hyper-scalable, cross-platform (web and iOS) application, in line with our go-to market strategy.
We also need you to have a desire to build a team of specialists and foster an incredible engineering culture at Perk that sticks with our values.
You’ll work with the Director of Technology and Operations and our CEO as a core, early member of our team.
- Equity - 0.5% - 1.5%
- Cash - $120k - $160k
- Healthcare - medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Time off - flexible unlimited vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Goodies - whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done. We’ll also pick up any courses or books that you feel will make you more effective now and in the future.
- Impact - you’ll share responsibility for the direction of our product along with our Director of Technology and Operations. All ideas and thoughts are encouraged, from anybody and everybody.
- Other - we also offer free lunch, a hybrid work environment (NYC, remote), commuter benefits, a health stipend, and some other cool things!
We're an equal opportunity employer. From our past ventures, we've seen firsthand that diversity in education, thought, background, skills, ethnicity and beliefs brings an intangible magic that yields better work. We want this for our company culture, and what's more, it's simply the right thing to do.
We focus on results, not seniority or tenure. There are no impossible projects here. We love working together to find novel solutions to complex problems, so please feel empowered to challenge assumptions, suggest better ways of working, and be unafraid to speak up. We give people freedom to work on what they're passionate about, because we know that great work grows from it.
We do not care about age or degree, demonstrated experience and cultural fit are the only things that matter.
Who we’re on the lookout for:
Our team follows the 3x2 decision making framework, alongside our core values. The framework allows our team to make most decisions on their own, as long as you can explain how it benefits our People, Customers and Numbers (in that order), now and in the future.
Our values are Radical Transparency, Accountability and Ownership of Actions. We believe in empowering people to speak their mind and make impactful decisions on their own - but with it, care deeply for those that they work with.
We’re looking for somebody who genuinely wants to succeed in a high growth startup, is excited to make impactful decisions, and somebody who is seriously excited by our mission of enhancing the ownership experience for the everyday investor, with shareholder rewards.
You will have the freedom to direct and impact the hiring of contractors and employees.
Alongside the Founding team you’ll have a direct impact on the technical direction of Perk. We encourage any candidate who meets 70% of these qualifications to still apply!
- 3-5+ years of Full-Stack software of (demonstrated) development experience
- Comfortable with Git, GitHub, the terminal, continuous deployment and integration, and other modern fundamentals of agile development.
- Comfortable with deploying, maintaining and creating best practices for cloud based applications.
- Communication skills and ability to collaborate in a cross-functional environment with engineers and non-technical stakeholders.
- Sound judgement, loyalty, and the ability to make decisions that are impactful and important to the company, and the people you work with.
Our platform is early. We’re focused on building a scalable consumer-facing application to fulfill our mission and vision. We are using the MERN stack, and are looking for demonstrated experience in the following:
- React, React Native (Reactive Native for Web or NextJS for web), NodeJS, Expo, MongoDB, CSS/JSS, TypeScript
- Testing and QA tools, like Jest
- Experience with integrating and building APIs. (Plaid, Spotify, Salesforce Commerce and some others are identified as necessities)
- Agile methodology, ability to build a scalable, documented product (and engineering culture).
As part of our go-to-market, we will do a launch Blitz with our existing waitlist, formal relationships with customers, and media partners (paid and earned placement). The Perk app must be built from the start with the ability to rapidly scale (in users, alongside features).