See all jobs
Mar 7th, 2022
Senior Engineering Manager - NFT Marketplace
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
Engineering Management at Kraken
Kraken’s Engineering Manager’s are the backbone of our engineering organization. Tasked with building, running and scaling our engineering teams, ensuring that our engineering department is able to meet the ever expanding demands of our business whilst maintaining engineering excellence and a positive, high energy moral. To achieve this, engineers with both a strong technical background and experience either building teams at successful startups or managing and scaling teams at large tech companies are required. As a leader at Kraken, you will work closely with both your engineering team(s) as well as business stakeholders to ensure we’re working flawlessly in the correct direction, defining and refining processes, when they’re required, and ensuring the team always has the resources to deliver effectively. We need all of our engineers to display a versatile talent set, from exceptional technical ability to strong communication skills and passion for the monumental change that the crypto industry can bring to society.
About the Team
Kraken is building a marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NTFs. An NFT is a digital asset that represents collectables like art, music, in-game items, and videos. They’re unique, scarce, liquid, and usable across platforms. We aim to shape the future of marketplaces to empower creators and collectors. Discover, buy, sell, and exchange NFTs on the most secure platform in the industry.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager to lead various engineering teams to build the Kraken NFT marketplace from the ground up. As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will drive the engineering direction and vision for multiple product engineering teams. In this role, you will be working closely with product, design, and the rest of engineering to craft phenomenal buyer, seller, and creator experiences. We’re seeking a manager that has a deep passion for NFTs, understands the technology, values diverse perspectives, grows their teams, and sets an exceptionally high bar for engineering.
- 8+ years of full-time professional engineering experience
- Deep knowledge of software development and delivery best practices, you know when a team isn’t moving fast enough and you know how to fix it
- Experience building and running multiple highly effective software engineering teams
- Experience planning Software Engineers and Engineering Managers careers, coaching them to promotion
- Experience hiring talented engineers and managers, you have a clear understanding of what it takes to be an excellent Software Engineer or Engineering Manager
- Clear passion for both software engineering and Crypto
- 12+ years of full-time engineering experience within a large technology organization or fast growing startup
- Experience building and running highly effective software engineering teams within a large technology organization or from the ground up at a fast growing startup
- Experience scaling teams in a “hypergrowth” environment
- Experience designing lightweight processes and systems that help multiple teams work for effectively and scale
- Experience driving solutions to key business problems, even if the requirements are not clear
- Deep knowledge of HTML, CSS, TypeScript, React (or React Native)
Location Tagging: #EU #US #LI-LM1 #CANADA
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know