See all jobs
Mar 7th, 2022
Backend Software Engineer - Customer Activation
At Redox we are a growing company with the purpose of making healthcare data useful through building reusable infrastructure for scaling companies. We solve hard, fulfilling problems in health tech while fostering a top-notch working culture, having fun, and respecting each other. With our ongoing customer growth, we see over 14 million health records processed in our system every day with an 8% growth rate month over month. Our API is the primary way customers interact with their data and configuration. Our team is responsible for iterating on its capabilities, breadth, and depth to help ensure we're meeting our customers' growing and changing needs now and in the years to come by empowering them through self-serviceability.
Our Customer Activation team is comprised of passionate individuals that enjoy working together to solve complex problems at scale. As a Backend Software Engineer team member, you will design, write, review and ship code into production through our CICD pipelines and support, maintain, and eventually decommission systems that you and your teammates have created. We know both how to go heads down to solve emergent pressing issues and step away for down time, encouraging each other to have good work-life balance. On our team, it is important to have a high level of adaptability along with a desire to learn and problem solve in new to you spaces.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role. We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints.
What you'll do in this role alongside your team members
- Collaborate with team members who are passionate and dedicated to ensuring stability and speed
- Build performant APIs that support our product to create delightful customer experiences
- Work with event streaming architectures and relational databases in our transaction processing pipeline
- Care deeply about latency and delight to customers who exchange real time data to provide excellent experiences for patients and providers
- Embrace DevOps culture and ownership of our team’s systems both the application and the infrastructure of it
- Improve your craft as a developer and engineer living in your learning zone
- Participate in on-call rotations and shared engineering responsibilities
- Travel 2-4 times a year for offsite retreats, during the work week, for company and team alignment and fun *Re-starting these in Q2 of 2022, with all appropriate considerations and precautions included
- Pair with your teammates to make progress on projects or solve problems
- Implement solutions designed by you or by teammates through the entirety of the SDLC, including testing, code review, deployment, and operationalization
- Work in microservices environment alongside of legacy architecture
- Troubleshoot production issues when they arise
You are probably a good fit if:
- 3+ years of professional software development experience in one or more general purpose languages (strongly preferred)
- Live in your learning zone through a strong desire to expand your impact and autonomy
- Strong communication skills, including pairing
- You focus on connecting business and customer value to your work
- Effectively give and receive feedback
- Can operate effectively on a remote team
- Able to weigh tough tradeoffs and bias towards action
- You adhere to work standards, follow change management processes and advocate for changes to improve our systems
- You are able to embrace our engineering values and help build a strong inclusive engineering culture
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit. https://hbr.org/2014/08/why-women-dont-apply-for-jobs-unless-theyre-100-qualified
About Redox - Take a look here: https://youtu.be/4OjENXR6UXA
What We Do
Healthcare organizations and technology vendors connect to Redox once, then authorize what data they send to and receive from partners through a centralized hub. Redox's cloud-based platform is vendor and standards agnostic and enables the secure and efficient exchange of healthcare data.
This approach eradicates the need for point-to-point integrations and accelerates the discovery, adoption, and distribution of patient and provider-facing technology solutions. With hundreds of healthcare organizations and technology vendors exchanging data today, Redox represents the largest interoperable network in healthcare. Learn how you can leverage the Redox platform at www.redoxengine.com.
Other Stuff About Us
Redox is an EEO company. We fully support the diversity of our team! Here's a recent blog post about our stance on diversity and belonging: Diversity at Redox
As part of our ongoing work to build more diverse teams at Redox, when applying, you will be asked to complete a voluntary EEO survey. This survey is anonymous, we cannot link your application record with your survey responses. - We request that you complete this voluntary survey as we run monthly reports for each team which provides data for diversity in terms of gender and ethnic background in our Applicants, and in our Hired Redoxers. We take this data very seriously, and really appreciate your willingness and time to complete that step in the process.
We believe in holding ourselves to a high standard of conduct. Here's how we think about this: Redox Code of Conduct
Successful candidates must be eligible to be employed in the US, and must reside in the US.
Thank you for your interest in Redox!