See all jobs
Mar 7th, 2022
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Spreedly is the world’s first, and leading, Payments Orchestration solution. Our vision is that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive payment ecosystem. Our mission is to accelerate commerce with an open, secure, and flexible payment platform that welcomes all payment participants. Backed by Spectrum Equity, with a $75M investment, Spreedly is experiencing rapid growth.
Connecting to multiple payment services, known as payment orchestration, is the new standard. With Spreedly’s PCI-compliant cloud solution, merchants can connect to multiple payment services simultaneously, optimize their payment stack, control card data, and accept alternative payment types.
Our employees help us execute against our vision through building a culture focused on autonomy, transparency, and collaboration in a dynamic, high-growth organization.
Spreedly is a company that runs on data. Fast, accurate insights are integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of accelerating commerce in a global payment ecosystem. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and in streamlining our internal capacity to simplify a complex environment with billions of data points. You’ll have the opportunity to improve an industry by analyzing the new operating system for payments.Spreedly is looking for a data-obsessed versatile business intelligence professional to build and maintain our data and visualization infrastructure. They will call on their deep technical expertise and business knowledge to advance our capabilities to synthesize large volumes of complex big data, and refine that raw data into actionable visual insights that are meaningful and important to business. Based on the analytical questions to explore, they will design and build the semantic layer to best deliver self-service BI to users.They will also work with business leaders and managers to generate key metrics and make them available in the data visualization tool (our primary tool is Looker). They will help build a data-driven culture within Spreedly.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at Spreedly, You Will:
- Exercise all phases of business analysis, including data quality, data analysis, data visualization, and presentation of results and deliverables
- Partner with key stakeholders on KPI development, data collection and building dashboards.
- Assist in the development of our SQL Modeling layer written in LookML & DBT ensuring it is performant with big data, organized, and well-implemented.
- Utilize data warehousing and code development best practices to enable access to information by creating and maintaining foundational data models.
- Participate in the creation and support of BI development standards and best practices.
- Encourage internal adoption and self-sufficiency of Stakeholders on the Looker platform, including documentation, training users and dashboard organization.
- Collaborate with data engineering to mint new dimensions and measures for stakeholder use
- Keep data sources fresh even while requirements and definitions change. Address data quality issues and build in alerting.
- Utilize code (Python/R/SQL) for data analysis.
Requirements & Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree in Quantitative or technical field - Master's Degree in Quantitative or technical field preferred
- Experience with Looker, Snowflake, Fivetran, GitHub and DBT (Or similar tools)
- 5+ years working in data or analytics
- Strong background in data relationships, modeling, and semantic layer
- SQL expert with experience dealing with big data including optimize queries for scalability and ease of maintenance
- Experience using advanced SQL techniques (windows functions, common table expressions, UDFs, etc.) for data investigation, transformation, and analysis.
- Familiarity in programming/scripting and knowledge of Python is a plus
- You are an expert in business intelligence and visualization tools
- Have solid project management skills including: planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, working with cross functional stakeholders, and navigating ambiguity to deliver results
- Document data and reporting processes
- Enthusiasm for conducting reproducible analysis; code reviews, version control, and solid documentation
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business partners with minimal direction
- Articulate and responsive to colleague
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Promotes information sharing
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Outstanding Medical and Dental Insurance: Premiums are 100% company paid for employees and families
- Note: We offer two PPO health insurance plans: A traditional copay and a high deductible with HSA. Spreedly contributes $1,200/$2,400 per year to the HSA for those choosing the high deductible plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Optional Vision insurance and various Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Open Paid Time Off policy + 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Matching 401k plan (5% up to $5,000 yearly)
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend ($150), new Macbook, and $200 accessory reimbursement
- $3,000 annual Professional Development stipend and free LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Flexible, remote friendly work environment
- Quarterly visits to HQ for remote employees
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Spreedly has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all in office and in-person company meetings, including mandatory quarterly all hands event.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.