Senior Ruby on Rails developer
As we are in an exciting phase of rapid scale up, we are now looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer who wants to develop our well-received digital marketing platform for real estate sales. You will work closely with other remote and in-house developers, as well as with other departments within the company. We are in a phase of rapid growth, and your ideas will have a great influence on decisions and processes in the company.
Since our launch in 2016, Marketer is now one of Europe's leading proptech companies offering unique SaaS digital marketing solutions. We currently partner with prominent real estate agencies and property developers in more than 17 countries, across 6 continents. Our solutions are created to improve how real estate is sold, and the positive effect has recently been documented through an in-depth case study done over three years. We call it the Marketer Effect, and the results are astonishing.
This is a full-time position working remote, joining our growing team of developers. We will help you set up a great workstation at home, offering a computer and a desk. Our fun and inclusive culture is something we take pride in, and since you will be working remote, we will fly you to Oslo a couple of times a year to meet the rest of the team. If you at some point wish to relocate to Norway, we will also assist you with the relocation and visa applications.
AS OUR RUBY ON RAILS DEVELOPER, YOU WILL
- Work with our bespoke platform capable of generating robust marketing campaigns, starting from automatically retrieving information from various sources, such as CRM/API/Web scraping, crunching data through in-house made microservices for optimal default parameters.
- Ensure successful planning, development and launch of new solutions and features, as well as maintaining and ensuring stability and performance in our existing logic and systems.
- Work on exciting projects and utilize your knowledge to improve our codebase, bringing us to new heights! At the same time, you will follow our processes and best practices, which we derived from our experience in working on the bleeding edge of technology solutions in the real estate industry.
- You can find yourself involved in the exciting world of marketing automation, where your focus will be on programmatic integration, building, publishing, and troubleshooting marketing campaigns on major social networks such as Facebook, Instagram and Google.
- Have a central part in our development efforts with much freedom in choosing and recommending technology, architecture and solutions best suited to solve the challenges at hand. It is important that your work hours are within GMT +1.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ruby on Rails: preferably version 5 or above (4+ years)
- Understanding of BDD/TDD and relevant tools in Ruby
- Know, and adhere to, the SOLID principles
- Knowledge of Dependency Injection (conceptually and in code)
- Knowledge of testing (stubs, mocks, etc.)
- Clean code concepts (focus on: naming conventions, reduced complexity of code, preferably more clear than clever)
Good to have but not a requirement:
Amazon AWS - S3, EC2, Lambda
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- We believe people are at their happiest and most productive when they work on their own schedule and are open to discuss flexibility in working hours regarding start and finish times.
- We take your personal and professional development seriously. We offer competitive salaries, good health insurance, and a generous training budget.
- You will learn from working with ambitious and talented professionals as well as contribute with your own expertise, sharing knowledge and experiences.
- You will be given time and opportunity to get to know the company well, and we will provide the necessary training for you to succeed and develop further in your career. We are looking for a colleague who wants to build a future at Marketer, and the position can over time be adapted according to your goals and your personal development.
- From time to time, employees are also invited to join and participate in the company’s employee share incentive program.