See all jobs
Mar 10th, 2022
Crypto Markets Associate
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
The Business Operations & Strategy team works cross-functionally across the company, focusing on high-impact strategic projects and data analyses. As a Crypto Markets Associate you will be responsible for driving Kraken’s commercial evaluation for adding new assets to the spot exchange platform and working closely with the Product and Engineering groups to execute our strategies.
The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter who is highly ambitious and is not afraid to approach difficult questions, collect and analyze large quantities of data, and deliver concise, actionable reports. Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn is a must; you should be passionate about exploring all corners of crypto. Interested applicants must be capable of multi-tasking and wearing multiple hats.
- Support sourcing, evaluation, and prioritization of crypto assets for listing on Kraken to advance Kraken's commercialization of digital assets.
- Support scheduling and actively participating in calls with external teams to learn more about projects.
- Preparing due diligence materials for documentation and compliance review purposes.
- Develop and maintain regular KPI reporting for senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field and at least 2 years of relevant work experience in trading, business analytics, strategy consulting, or a similar capacity.
- Technical understanding of how most major cryptocurrencies function 'under the hood' and ability to evaluate tokenomics.
- Exceptional research and analytical skills and advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Experience with financial modeling, discounted cash flow & ROI analysis, and valuation.
- Detail-oriented, with emphasis on quality.
- A team player that works well with various functions across the company.
- Experience with crypto or traditional market analysis.
- The ability to think critically under pressure, simultaneously maintain multiple workflows, and deliver against aggressive deadlines.
- Experience working with APIs, HTML, Python, SQL, and/or Tableau (or other data visualization tools).
- An understanding of smart contracts, cryptography, token economics, blockchain technology, and Web 3.0.
Location Tagging: #EU #US #APAC #LI-Remote
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know