See all jobs
Mar 10th, 2022
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
The Business Strategy team works in a highly cross functional manner within the company, focusing on high-impact strategic projects and analyses. The Strategy team’s goal is to inform leadership on where the industry is headed and how Kraken can deliver the greatest value over the long-term.
Reporting to the Director of Strategy, as a Strategy Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating with the team to shape Kraken’s strategy by exploring new growth initiatives, executing on critical projects, and generating actionable insights to support leadership in making key decisions. You should be ambitious and excited by the challenge of solving tough, often ambiguous problems. You should be able to independently manage projects end-to-end with limited support. You must be able to work cross functionally to get to a recommendation and follow through with strong execution.
You will be responsible for making well-informed recommendations on the questions we face by generating insights from data analysis. The crypto industry is a rapidly changing environment that often lacks traditional research resources, which means you will need to help us formulate conclusions through other creative means. You will need to communicate your findings and recommendations verbally and in concise, actionable reports.
You will play a pivotal role in crafting portions of Kraken’s long-term strategy, in addition to playing a supportive role across the organization by working closely with a variety of teams to find solutions to complex problems.
- Own strategy projects from initial scoping to execution;
- Help to chart the strategic direction of the business and articulate strategic priorities and project-based recommendations for Kraken’s leadership team;
- Develop and execute strategic analyses to support strategy decision-making, and to proactively identify new growth opportunities;
- Analyze and understand all dimensions of the cryptocurrency ecosystem, and develop perspectives on relationships, opportunities, and risks;
- Conduct opportunity analyses to support prioritization of strategic initiatives across all key areas of the business, including Product, Regional Operations, Business Development, Corporate Development, Marketing, etc.;
- Collaborate with function leaders across the company to identify growth opportunities and areas for optimization;
- Consistently uncover first-run opportunities and trends in order to keep Kraken at the forefront of the cryptocurrency Industry.
- 5+ years of full-time work experience;
- Experience in founding a company, strategy consulting, trading, private equity, investment banking, venture capital, or strategy roles in the financial services or technology industries;
- In-depth knowledge of our industry and major service providers;
- In-depth understanding of traditional business models as well as the ability to synthesize novel models within the crypto ecosystem and apply learnings to Kraken;
- Broad understanding of the trading environment and traditional financial market structure; bonus for familiarity with crypto-native exchange products;
- Able to consistently produce extremely high quality output with little oversight while owning projects end-to-end;
- Ability to establish deep working relationships across all levels of the company, and to work collaboratively across various functional areas;
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills, particularly in regards to complex and multi-dimensional problems;
- Strong leadership skills and effective communicator of complex topics to influence decision stakeholders in both written and verbal formats;
- Creativity, adaptability, tenacity, a sense of urgency and hands-on, roll-up your sleeves work ethic;
- Advanced Excel modeling skills.
- Active Kraken client familiar with our products;
- Prior work experience within the crypto ecosystem;
- An understanding of smart contracts, cryptography, tokeneconomics, blockchain technology, and Web 3.0;
- Experience aggregating and synthesizing large data sets; familiarity with Python, SQL, and/or Tableau (or other data visualization tools).
Location Tagging: #EU #US #CANADA #APAC #LI-Remote
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know