See all jobs
Mar 10th, 2022
Operations Director - US Region
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
Reporting to the US Managing Director, the Operations Director role will oversee the day-to-day operations and serve in a General Manager-like capacity for the entire existing Kraken exchange consumer/pro offerings, across millions of customer accounts and millions of dollars in revenue, under its money service business.
Role is fully remote (however relocation assistance is available to those who are open to relocating to Cheyenne, Wyoming where certain US regulated operations are based).
- Be responsible for the day to day operations and serve in General Manager capacity for the existing Kraken US business.
- Collaborate with the US MD, global C-suite, and cross-functional leaders to set the business up for success by implementing organizational structures, navigating the legal/regulatory landscape, identifying opportunities, prioritizing initiatives, driving revenue growth, improving efficiency, and aligning against broader company objectives.
- Be the accountable individual for all queries pertaining to the operation of the platform, including from both external and internal stakeholders.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of operational risks (including technology security risk, operational resilience).
- Monitor internal and external business, regulatory and technology environments to identify new or emerging risks and verify remediation of issues as applicable.
- Establish strong working relationships across functions and management levels, working collaboratively and independently.
- Oversee the technical implementation of new regulatory requirements as they arise and assess the impact from an operational standpoint of new regulatory initiatives.
- Support the Product Team for any new product roll out in the region.
- Substantial prior experience in operational or business leadership positions, at a fintech or financial institution (crypto experience a plus).
- Knowledge of the relevant US regulatory environment, and upcoming developments is preferable.
- Familiarity with anti-money laundering and know-your-customer best practices in the US market is a bonus.
- Skilled in collaborating with stakeholders at all levels across technical and non-technical groups.
- Ability to lead in a fast growing company environment with focused and hardworking individuals.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know