See all jobs
Mar 14th, 2022
Senior Product Designer - Graph
Hyperscience is transforming the future of work to elevate human potential. Our human-centered approach to automation enables a new era of human and machine collaboration that delivers dramatically improved organizational agility, without the legacy cost and burden of change management. By combining data, people, and processes into digital assembly lines, the Hyperscience Platform turns complex processes into simple, configurable workflows. Our industry-leading machine learning technology continuously learns and evolves, to involve humans only when needed.
As a Senior Product designer at Hyperscience, you'll work on shaping the future of human-centered automation. Specifically, the team you'll be joining is working on an ambitious product: a workspace for connected data. It's called Graph, and its front-end enables organizations to create interfaces that are structured around their data model, not the other way around.
The challenges of this initiative are plentiful. Facing these will require coordinating with a fully staffed squad of a Product Manager, Engineering Manager, backend, frontend, and machine learning engineers. You'll also regularly collaborate with designers in other squads at Hyperscience.
Designers at Hyperscience apply human-centered design and lean product principles to address complex enterprise software challenges at the bleeding edge of technology. Designers have an end-to-end purview that includes performing research to discover user pains and needs, prototyping and testing solutions, and designing high-quality visual artifacts to communicate those solutions to their team and broader stakeholders. Candidates should have expertise in research as well as interaction and visual design for complex web applications.
- Surface excellent, industry-agnostic features in a complex technical landscape.
- Lead many varieties of research in order to understand the user and stakeholders' needs.
- Leverage evidence to inform and shape the user experience, connect teammates with user needs, and design solutions that will address user and business needs.
- Produce high-quality artifacts (screens, prototypes, conceptual documents) that guide development efforts to address real user or business needs.
- Engage with front-end peers to evolve the design system from Figma through Storybook to production code.
- Engage the full team in the design process so that design work is aligned to business needs and is technically feasible.
- Partner with Engineering and Product Management to understand trade-offs between effort and value
- Maintain sufficient expertise in the technical underpinnings of Hyperscience to collaborate with a team of PMs and Engineers.
- 3+ years experience in Product Design for enterprise-grade web applications or services, with a portfolio demonstrating this experience
- A strong interest in user-centered design principles and qualitative research methods
- Expertise in interaction design and defining user flows
- Comfort with ambiguity - our company is growing! As we scale we’re looking for a Designer that is comfortable diving into that ambiguity to help drive the product forwardProficiency in visual design and prototyping tools, e.g. Figma
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ideally, this position is in Berlin, but working remotely across Germany is also an option.
Benefits & Perks
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- 6 month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- Monthly budget to cover child care and educational needs/expenses
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- A dedicated budget to set your work from home space & monthly reimbursement on recurring expenses
- Relocation assistance
- Paid gym membership
- Stock Options
- Referral bonus
All job applications will be treated and processed with strict confidentiality and in full compliance with the GDPR provisions. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.