See all jobs
Mar 14th, 2022
Partner Manager - AWS - Germany
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for someone to join our Partner & Alliances team to execute on the current opportunities while building the relationships and engagement to drive our partner business to the next level of success. You will be responsible for the sell with/go-to-market engagement and all joint activities with AWS. This includes co-selling, strategic planning and goal setting, channel programs, marketing campaigns and programs, strategic events, and funnel management with AWS.
The Partner Manager will have a myriad of different responsibilities to ensure leverage and consistent engagement with AWS to drive customer engagements, qualified pipeline, and cloud bookings that meet and exceed quota and expectations. The Partner Manager will be part of the team that coordinates Confluent sales activities and will be a central conduit for engagement management between the Confluent’s sales organisation, AWS, and AWS Partners.
You will be a knowledge expert on all aspects of AWS and will be asked to present at QBRs, executive meetings, training, and events. We are seeing a significant increase in the partner ecosystem interest to work with Confluent. We are looking for someone to join the Partner & Alliances team to execute on the current opportunities while building the relationships and engagement to drive our partner business to the next level of success.
What you will do
- Manage all joint sell with and go-to-market activities with AWS in Germany
- Maintain awareness and track all opportunities, pipeline, and bookings and provide forecasts
- Work with West Area Sales leadership to develop a partner strategy and execute the plan in-region
- Facilitate co-selling opportunities, account mapping, and other sales engagements between Confluent’s field sales and the AWS sales teams
- Deliver sales enablement to AWS field
- Work with Confluent’s Partner Solutions Architects and Marketing teams to enable partners to develop, launch and support Confluent based solutions and services
- Provide support and coordination for channel activity with AWS
- Recruit, develop, and drive AWS SI partner business in the region
- Build and maintain relationships with key personnel in AWS to solidify Confluent’s standing and awareness within the provider and to assist in the development of key relationships with the extended Confluent’s cloud team and executives
- Direct engagement and partner relationships are a critical part of this roleHelp provide insight into the support of Public Cloud events and attend/participate in the events
- Provide support in the form of expertise and training for Confluent’s field sales enablement
What you will get from us
- A market leader with disruptive technology and who at its core enables businesses to make the best data driven decisions - Everyone is talking about Event Driven Architecture - that’s what we do!
- A company that values its employees and their achievements by rewarding them with recognition, excellent benefits, opportunities and competitive salaries / commission schemes
- A company that values your growth and development as much as you do and the opportunity to grow your role at speed; we want you to thrive and we believe we can facilitate that
- A core infrastructure designed to support you to over-achieve
- We’ll ensure we have the right people working on the right projectsWe’re focused on what we do, which is one core product with tons of use cases which can be used in any business unit across any organisation
- Experience in Channel Partner Management
- Track record working with Cloud players (especially AWS) as well as their cloud-focused RSI
- Ability to connect and articulate business and technology strategy
- The right attitude - Self-starter and can work independently with a strong sense of urgency and passion to make great things happen.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills required - both internally & with the partners
- Experience working in Open Source software, enterprise messaging, or analytics companies is preferredDirect sales experience a plus
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka and/or other streaming data platforms preferred
- Knowledge of Big Data, stream processing technologies, and/or ecosystems preferred
Backed by top tier venture firms, Benchmark, Data Collective, Index Ventures and LinkedIn, Confluent has offices in Mountain View, London, Paris, Munich, Singapor, Bangalor, Sydney We are a rapidly- growing company looking for smart, dynamic, and insightful people to join us on this amazing journey. Be part of a small team where your work will make a major impact!
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.