See all jobs
Mar 16th, 2022
Senior Go Engineer - Performance
Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We are looking for a senior backend engineer with significant Go development experience and a keen understanding of the principles of building a scalable, highly performant web server. The person in this role will join our server platform team and take ownership of all things server performance, including our load test tooling, providing guidance and best practices to feature teams and deep investigation into performance issues and scaling the Mattermost server for on-premise and SaaS deployments. Do you have that keen eye for Go server performance? Do you want to have an impact on open source? Help us take one of the largest open source Go applications to new performance heights.
- Own the performance of our server and backend architecture
- Maintain and optimize scalability, performance and quality
- Build upon and maintain our load test tooling
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to deliver quality software
- Define the best practices our development teams will use for building highly performant systems and features
- Support our site reliability team with debugging production issues and tuning applications
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards with an emphasis on performance
- Engage with customers to help them optimize their Mattermost deployment and debug performance problems
- Ability to work independently and make key decisions effectively while remote
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or significant professional software development experience
- 5+ years of previous experience as a backend developer
- Proven ability to develop highly performant, complex systems
- Excellent experience with and deep understanding of Go
- Strong familiarity with relational databases, particularly MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes and cloud native application development
- Comfortable with GitHub, GitLab, Jira, CircleCI
- Experience working in open source communities
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Bangladesh - Brazil - Canada - Chile - Colombia - Finland - Georgia - Germany - Greece - India - Ireland - Mauritius - Mexico - Norway - Pakistan - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - South Africa - Spain - South Korea - Turkey - Uganda - Ukraine - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!