See all jobs
Mar 18th, 2022
Sr. Marketing Analyst
Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn.
Quizlet is the popular, global learning platform and app that millions of students, teachers and everyday people use to study any subject imaginable for school, work or as part of their personal interests -- including two-thirds of high school students and half of all college students in the US. Combining cognitive science and machine learning, Quizlet guides students through adaptive study activities to confidently reach their learning goals. We’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content and engagement, at the scale of YouTube.
Valued at $1 billion, Quizlet has raised over $60 million in venture capital from investors including Icon Ventures, Union Square Ventures, General Atlantic, Costanoa Ventures, Owl Ventures, and Altos Ventures.
To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners through multiple approaches and various tools.
With offices in major cities around the world and ambitious plans for expansion, we remain grounded in our commitment to our mission of helping people learn. We’re looking for new team members who crave a challenge and want to help us continue amplifying our impact.
About the Team:
The Data Science & Analytics team at Quizlet is at the forefront of product and marketing research. We leverage our rich data set to represent the voice of our students and teachers at scale. Our team outcomes focus on delivering insights that drive product and marketing strategy. We serve in a pivotal strategic role, identifying as well as driving inquiry on behalf of leaders at the company. The team is supported by Machine Learning and Data Engineering teams that partners with us to make sure we are building a data-driven culture.
About the Role:
As the Senior Marketing Analyst, you will lead our analytics efforts within the marketing team. You will bring together insights across our vast user growth data, enabling you to identify new high-value opportunities, define key business metrics, set company wide goals, and present quantitative research. We are open to this role being hybrid or remote work within the US.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with Growth Marketing, Lifecycle Marketing, PR, and Product Marketing teams to develop and drive the Marketing roadmap and strategy
- Leverage Quizlet’s robust data sets to publish public-facing research reports, discover high-value segments with LTV work, recommend future campaign strategies, and inform the company on user product journeys
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience in marketing analytics
- Advanced SQL skills, including highly developed QA skills and ability to write the most efficient, optimized code
- Practical knowledge of running A/B tests for marketing teams
- Strong communicator: effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others
- Deep understanding of the analytics toolkit, including funnels, cohort analyses, user segmentation, regression models, and more
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Braze, Google Ads, and Facebook Ads
Compensation, Benefits & Perks:
- Colorado candidates: Base pay for this role starts at $123,000. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience
- Collaborate with your manager and team to create a healthy work-life balance
- 20 vacation days (and we expect you to take them!); 10 paid holidays plus additional days off in 2022 due to Covid
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (100% employee and 75% dependent PPO, HMO, VSP Choice)
- Employer-sponsored 401k plan with company match
- Professional Development stipend (teach yourself something new)
- Paid Family Leave, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits, Wellness benefits
- 40 hours of annual paid time off to participate in volunteer programs of choice
- Employees are eligible to participate in the Quizlet stock option program
We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome!
We work to create a holistic interview process, where both Quizlet and candidates have an opportunity to view what it would be like to work together, in exploring a mutually beneficial partnership.
We provide a transparent setting, that gives a comprehensive view of who we are!
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do.
We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
To All Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
At this time Quizlet does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and/or profiles.
Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Quizlet employee. Quizlet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm nor will it be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Quizlet.