See all jobs
Mar 22nd, 2022
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
Confluent is looking for a Program Manager to help develop and to lead the execution of Confluent’s benefit strategy for the AMER region. Reporting to the Director of Benefits, you will be the day-to-day lead for all benefits in the US and Canada, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement savings and time away benefits, as well as Workers’ Compensation. You’ll own vendor management and execution of benefits and be a key contributor in strategy discussions.
This is an opportunity to build your strategy, partnering and leadership skills. We are a small but collaborative team with an amazing amount of growth potential for the right candidate.
What You Will Do:
- Manage all US and Canada benefits programs as the program leader and subject matter expert, focused on optimizing the employee experience and spend
- Manage vendor relationships, measure performance and look for opportunities to improve vendor effectiveness
- Address escalated employee benefits questions from the People Operations Team
- Proactively identify gaps in processes and make recommendations for improvements
- Serve as a key contributor in the development and execution of Confluent’s wellbeing strategy
- Partner with, and facilitate feedback from, People Business Partners and Employee Resource Groups to identify benefits needs as Confluent looks to ensure its benefits programs meet the needs of a diverse workforce
- Support RFP processes and implement new vendors as needed, working closely with procurement and HRIS teams
- Support billing and budgeting needs in partnership with the Finance team
What You Will Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in managing US benefits programs
- Project and vendor management experience, including communications and change management
- Drive to continuously improve and look for opportunities to simplify processes
What Gives You an Edge:
- Past exposure to Canadian benefits
- Knowledge of Workday benefits and HRIS platforms
- Experience with Workers’ compensation, leave management and/or ADA accommodations
- High-growth tech public company exposure, ideally in a multinational context
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.