See all jobs
Mar 23rd, 2022
Staff Frontend Software Engineer
Contrast Security Ranked One of the Fastest-Growing Companies in North America on the 2021 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development to operations, to production.
About the Position
This team is tasked with the unique opportunity to advance our runtime and pre-compile code analysis capabilities. This includes providing enhanced techniques to improve code analysis accuracy, findings, and reporting. It will also include driving and leading the next generation of products and offerings to make the Contrast platform the choice for code analysis tools among developers and security professionals.
Ideal candidates have a background building highly scalable and responsive Single Page Applications (SPAs) using ReactJS, CSS, visualization libraries such as HighCharts and D3, and other SVG-based visualization plugins.
Our engineering team has a strong spirit of entrepreneurship. Every team member has joined us because they want to be part of a high-performing team and go through the startup experience. We look for candidates that share similar goals and beliefs about the work and the team they want to be a part of.
This is a full-time position that can work remotely anywhere in the U.S.
- Provide overarching design of testability and acceptance
- Define and direct team in the area of Performance, Scalability, and Security
- Build and maintain highly scalable server-side UI processes for data collection, manipulation, data pruning, trending, and analytics
- Build web-based interfaces and applications and contribute to our platforms, style guide, APIs, and libraries
- Experience with ReactJS framework
- Execute performance analysis and optimization of page render, data transfers, and page load optimizations
- Proficient in designing highly tuned and efficient automated build pipelines
- Participate in constant collaboration with teammates in the form of pair programming, group code reviews, and pull requests before commit
- Work with design and product teams to build amazing, jaw-dropping features
- Give back to the Open Source Community whenever humanly possibly
- Deploys: our engineers deploy multiple times a day to our AWS infrastructure
- Technical support: Our engineers don't just release code in the wild. When our customers have issues, we have to jump in and give them help
- You have at least five years of experience architecting modern, scalable, and high-performing front-end web applications in Enterprise or Commercial Software development
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need
- You have experience working in Java/Spring or Python/Flask to design and implement robust and scalable APIs
- You have an eye for quality and are interested in using tools/frameworks like Enzyme, Prettier, ReactTestRenderer, Jest, JUnit, StoryBook, etc...
- Experience using at least one AWS Services: S3, EC2, CloudFront, Lambda
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work results from finding the simplest solution to complex challenges
- Your code is clean, your designs are elegant, and you are constantly refactoring
- You own your work. Whether a nasty bug or an awesome feature, you put your name on every line of code
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- 401K plan
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not accepting resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.