See all jobs
Mar 24th, 2022
Banking and Payments Lead - APAC
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
The Banking and Payments team works cross-functionally across the company, focusing on sourcing of, negotiating with and collaboration with various banking and payment partners. As a Banking and Payments Lead you will be responsible for driving Kraken’s growth by increasing and enhancing our best-of-the class banking and payment infrastructure. You will be working alongside different teams across the company, such as finance, product and legal.
As the ideal candidate you have experience working in either (transaction) banking, payments or another linked industry. You are ambitious, detail-oriented and crazy about all things crypto and like to get things done.
This role can be based remotely in the APAC region. The ideal candidate must speak Japanese.
What You Will Do
- Build and maintain strong relationships with regional bank and payment processing partners
- Own the process to source and identify potential partners
- Find ways to creatively enter new regional markets
- Engage potential bank partners to assess their viability and simultaneously communicate the value of working with Kraken
- Bring partners through the entire deal lifecycle from inception to close, including due diligence, contract negotiation, product integration, etc.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to ensure successful product integrations that deliver a superior client experience
- Work cross functionally within Kraken to drive process efficiency
- Collaborate with the Kraken strategy team to identify optimal priorities and growth opportunities
- Draft regional payment structure and expansion strategy in conjunction with Leadership team
- Own the ongoing relationships with our regional banks and partners to ensure an effective and efficient partnership
Who You Are
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a willingness to engage with others and build relationships
- 5-10 years of experience in business development or a related field in a relevant industry - FinTech, Crypto/Blockchain, Payments, Brokerage/Exchange, Banking, Other Financial Services, etc
- Fluency in English and Japanese
- Thorough understanding of the financial services industry with active set of current relationships
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge of Financial Regulatory Compliance, including AML/KYC
- Experience driving multiple partnership deals through all phases - opportunity identification, business case, negotiation, legal review, and close
- Technical background and/or knowledge of software/internet products and services, a plus
- Strong analytical expertise, ability to develop financial cost models, revenue projections, etc.
- Knowledge of and strong interest in cryptocurrency
Location Tagging: #APAC #LI-Remote #LI-MT1
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know