See all jobs
Mar 29th, 2022
Senior DevSecOps Engineer - Staked
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
At Staked we combine software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, fault-tolerant staking node infrastructure for 40+ blockchains. We're looking for someone with a broad knowledge of security and systems, and a deep knowledge of containers and Kubernetes, to lead our SDLC security initiatives.
Real-world production Kubernetes experience is a must have for this role. The candidate will have other experience across a range of technical disciplines and may have had past jobs such as Information Security (Hardening, Detection/Response, SDLC security, etc) and systems (SRE/DevOps, SysAdmin, etc).The ideal candidate is a team player, has a systematic approach to problem solving and strong communication skills. They have a deep sense of pride and ownership in their work.
- Lead cross-company security initiatives for Staked within the larger Kraken organization
- Design and build the security components of Kubernetes in multiple cloud environments (AWS EKS, GCP GKE, etc.)
- Write code to solve security issues. This could be writing security tools, or automation / management of security-sensitive environments, securing SDLC, etc.
- Build security automation for cloud environments including automation for testing, scanning, and analysis of vulnerabilities
- Work closely with the BlockOps and DevOps teams who deploy to the cloud, and ensure that they have secure-by-default systems
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding or the hard sciences (e.g., physics or mathematics)
- Deep understanding of network and container security principles
- Expertise in container orchestration using Kubernetes and implementing Kubernetes security and hardening
- Extensive knowledge of protecting cryptographic keys, including using and configuring hardware signing modules (HSMs)
- Experience with cloud provider APIs, best practices and management (AWS and GCP)
- Expertise in cloud automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Helm, Helmfile, and Jenkins
- Expertise in Python and/or Bash scripting
- Preferred: Blockchain interest or experience
Location Tagging: #US #LI-Remote #Canada
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know