See all jobs
Mar 30th, 2022
Backend Engineer - Fiat Payments
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
This role is 100% remote and available to candidates who are planning to work form a European timezone.
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
- Integrate our financial systems with banks and third-party payment platforms
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection systems
- Write highly scaleable, high volume services
- Create optimized database schemas
- Own, develop and maintain financial services
- 3+ years of experience as a backend developer
- Experience with financial systems and payment protocols
- Strong proficiency with Node.js, Typescript and various frameworks
- Ability to handle the DevOps side of financial services using tools like Docker
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience with automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Basic experience with other languages such as: C++, Rust, or Go
- Desire to make the best trading platform out there
- Fluent English language skills are required, other native language skills a plus
Location Tagging: #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know