See all jobs
Mar 30th, 2022
Pay: $80,000 - $120,000
We make Octopus Deploy.
We simplify complex software deployments so our customers can focus on what they do best and ship software on time without unwanted disruptions or surprises.
🐙350,000+ people use Octopus Deploy.
🐙600,000+ virtual machines run our Tentacle agent.
🐙150,000,000+ deployments to date.
🐙90% support emails answered in two hours or less.
🐙Over 25,000 companies use Octopus Deploy, including (curious? check this out)
Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing software companies (and we’re taking on the world). After bootstrapping for a decade, in 2021, we quietly raised Australia's second-largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD 172M minority investment from Insight Partners.
Salary: $80,000 to $120,000 + stock options
A typical day might include:
- Performing cyber security risk assessments on internal projects or external services, products or vendors
- Working with our customers to provide information on the security of our business and product
- Monitoring compliance performance metrics and responding to alerts in our compliance systems
- Performing risk workshops to assist teams in identifying, assessing and remediating cyber security risks
- Maintaining a cyber security risk register and tracking remediation actions to completion
- Reviewing and maintaining cyber security governance documentation and assessing compliance
- Assisting with cyber security awareness activities and initiatives
You will be a great fit for this role if:
- You have experience performing cyber security risk reviews, third party risk assessments and vendor due diligence
- You have a solid understanding of internationally recognised cyber security standards such as ISO27001
- You are familiar with writing cyber security policy and process documentation and performing internal audit functions
- You understand data privacy concepts and practices and are familiar with global privacy regulations
- You are comfortable communicating cyber security concepts and requirements to a wide variety of audiences
- A knowledge of DevOps, software development, or SaaS would be advantageous
Why Is This A Great Opportunity?
- We offer great benefits, including generous laptop and home office allowances, plus stock options!
- We value transparency and fairness in every aspect of our business. For example, Paul (our CEO) shares monthly updates on company performance, and our pay structures are designed to pass the ‘printer test’.
- Trust and autonomy. Octonauts are treated like adults, and are trusted to find the best way of working for the task at hand, without managers looking over their shoulder.
- You’ll be joining a high-growth company with numerous opportunities to learn and advance your career.
- Remote first: work from wherever you feel most productive.
- We are a supportive company where everyone’s contribution is valued.
- We respect and encourage work/life balance.
- We’ve built an inclusive workplace culture and understand the true importance of culture-add, versus culture-fit.
- From day 1, you'll have a buddy helping you get your bearings. You can book in coffee chats with anyone in the company. We encourage everyone to have a voice in all aspects of the product and the business. So much so that we have an open chat policy (all channels are public by default) and everyone is welcome!
- Also when it comes to inclusivity, we mean it, check out our handbook!
- If you’d like to work at Octopus, reach out and say hello!
How To Apply:
- You must have ongoing unrestricted work rights in the relevant job ad location (Australia, New Zealand, United States, United Kingdom) to apply for this opportunity.
- Submit a CV - your LinkedIn profile is also acceptable as long as it contains enough information for us to assess your fit for the role.
- We welcome any other relevant documents or portfolios necessary to showcase your skillset and why you think you’d be a great fit here at Octopus.
About the company
We make Octopus Deploy, software that enables teams to deliver working software to production. We've become the "best in class" tool in our category by focusing on doing one thing and doing it very well. Founded in 2012, we have helped 25,000 companies to automate complex deployments, and we employ 120+ wonderful people.
We're a growing, profitable business. Our goal is to build a company that will last forever while enjoying the journey and doing work that we're proud of. Our business model is all around understanding our customers, building great software, backing it up with great support and customer service, and making it incredibly easy to discover, learn and use. After bootstrapping for a decade, we quietly raised Australia's second-largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD $172M minority investment from Insight Partners.
Most of our team is based in Brisbane, Australia, where the company started, though we've spread to other parts of Australia, the US, NZ and the UK. Because our team is distributed, everyone works from home, so we've built a remote-first culture.
We've made our company handbook public, and it's a great guide to how we think about just about everything - including career progression and compensation, our vision and what we care about, how our company is structured, feedback loops, training, remote work and more. Please take a read of our handbook, and reach out if you think there is a good fit.