See all jobs
Mar 31st, 2022
Senior Procurement Specialist
Quartzy is seeking an experienced Senior Procurement Specialist to be an integral part of our supply chain operations and to help define our processes as our company scales. In this role, you will be responsible for driving cost savings for our inventory purchases, strategic supplier sourcing, tactical purchasing, and analyzing costs to develop a more robust purchasing strategy for our Quartzy Fulfillment Centers. You will be essential in building an agile supply chain and ultimately ensuring our customers are getting the best level of service possible.
Quartzy is a 100% distributed team so this role can be done anywhere in the US.
You will participate in daily business execution as well as aid higher-level strategic initiatives. You know the value of data and enter into negotiations knowing the facts and what levers you can pull to drive deals forward. You thrive in an environment where defined processes may not be in place and believe that being organized is essential part of getting anything done. Building relationships with vendors and suppliers is a core strength and you pride yourself on working collaboratively with external and internal stakeholders.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customer range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and therapies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Own and execute strategic sourcing initiatives and vendor selection. Implement RFx processes to drive cost savings.
- Identify opportunities for additional cost savings, and execute them.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams to take stocking positions and make purchasing decisions. Assess options for meeting the business objective need and requirements.
- Manage relationships with vendors and suppliers. Evaluate performance and areas of opportunity.
- Assist in purchasing multiple categories of products by analyzing spend and volume patterns.
What We're Looking for
- 5+ years experience in procurement(preferably in life science distribution and/or hazardous materials experience strongly preferred)
- Knowledge and application of the principles of supply chain
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Fantastic written and verbal communication ability
- Bachelor's degree
What We Offer
- Great Insurance - we cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture - participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team - we’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
Want to learn more take a look at what people are saying about us on Glassdoor!
If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!