Project Management Curriculum Writer
Project Management Curriculum Writer
Who We Are Thinkful is a new type of school that brings high-growth tech careers to ambitious people everywhere. We provide 1-on-1 learning through our network of industry experts, hiring partners, and online platform to deliver a structured and flexible education. Thinkful offers programs in web development, data science, and design, with in-person communities in up-and-coming tech hubs around the U.S. To join the Thinkful network visit thinkful.com.
Job Description Thinkful is launching a new Technical Project Management program which aims to be the best in-class remote, part-time Technical Project Management program offered today. As part of this effort, we're looking for a Technical Project Management subject matter expert to join us in executing on our content roadmap for this exciting new program. You will be creating the backbone of a new program that propels people from a background in academia and the sciences into an impactful career as Technical Project Manager. You'll produce written content, lesson plans including instructor notes and student activity descriptions, presentation decks, assessments, learning objectives and written content, all to support our students as they learn the core skills of data science. Your work product will be extremely impactful, as it forms the core asset around which the daily experience of our students will revolve.
- Consistently deliver content that meets spec and is on time to support our program launch roadmap.
- Create daily lesson plans consisting of
- Presentation decks that instructors use to lecture students on a given learning objective.
- Instructor notes that instructors use alongside
- Activity descriptions — these are notes describing tasks students complete together in order to advance the learning objective in a given lecture.
- Creates curriculum checkpoint content on specific learning objectives. In addition to the in-class experience, our students also spend time reading and completing tasks for a written curriculum hosted on the Thinkful platform.
- Creates code assets where necessary to support lesson plans, student activities, and written curriculum content.
- Iterates on deliverables based on user feedback
- 3+ years of hands-on Technical Project Management industry experience
- Demonstrated subject matter expert in Technical Project Management
- Managing projects using Agile, Kanban and six Sigma methodologies
- Work on multiple projects, all complexity levels, in an environment with changing priorities
- Change management expertise
- Web application development experience
- Running large scale big data projects and or AWS cloud based projects
- Collaborative.You enjoy partnering with people and have excellent project management skills and follow through
- Excellent writing skills. You've got a gift for writing about complicated concepts in a beginner-friendly way. You can produce high-quality prose as well as high-quality presentations.
Compensation and Benefit
- Contract position with a collaborative team
- Ability to work remotely with flexible hours
- Access to all available course curriculum for personal use
- Membership to a global community of over 500 Software Engineers, Developers, and Data Scientists who, like you, want to keep their skills sharp and help learners break into the industry
Technical Project Manager
At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our Engineering department. This position will report directly to our VP of Engineering and help us design and implement best-practice development processes, shepherd internal projects from idea to completion, and coordinate work across our multiple teams.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get three weeks’ paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Working remote? No problem; remote engineers are first-class citizens in our organization. Working from our NYC HQ? Enjoy delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our on-site chef.
What We’ll Like About You
- You have at least 4 years experience working in a similar role (project manager, operations manager, manager of special projects, etc.) as part of a team of 50–80 engineers (or slightly larger)
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly explain complex technical concepts to a technical and nontechnical audience alike
- You know how to write compelling documentation at a fast pace, turning the requirements and directives you collect from multiple stakeholders into comprehensive design and technical specs.
- You are well-versed with lean management techniques, and can manage projects using a Scrum or Kanban approach using tools like Jira.
- You have a proven record of coordinating the design of multiple complex projects across several different teams, scoping them appropriately, and shepherding them to completion.
- You know that processes exist to serve the organization, and not the other way around. You see your job as helping us make great decisions, and not just making sure that we check all the boxes.