Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Nov 13 2020
Description: As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer at Intelage, you will design, develop, deploy and iterate compelling products and services for our customers. Collaborating with design, product and technical peers, this is a high-impact, key role on our nascent and fast-growing technical team. This position reports to our Director of Software Engineering.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, architects, engineers, and operations team members to build new platform services and features
- End-to-end feature development from UI implementation all the way through the middleware and backend platform
- Collaborate in an agile environment to understand business requirements and translate those needs to actionable development code using best practices
- Be a tactical champion of a continuous improvement software development culture
- Supporting existing codebases while building next-generation software architecture in new technologies
- Deeply own the full stack and entire lifecycle for your products and features
- Work with design, product management and QA to develop and execute the technical roadmap
- Own, build on and continuously improve the design/architecture and subsequent implementation and continuous iterative development of your work
- Design, develop and deploy features for the company's core web applications
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Develop and maintain code quality standards and enforce them across the team
- Continually introduce architectural improvements and refactorings to the code baseline
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise
- Participate in design and code reviews, identify and communicate best development practices.
- Experiment with technologies, solving the problems of scaling, latencies while keeping a check on cost and quality.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 4+ years of professional software development experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- 3+ years of experience in OOP, knowledge of relevant design patterns and designing highly scalable systems
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experienced full-stack developer in the following technologies (ideally): Typescript, React, NestJS, MongoDB, AWS, CI, GraphQL, CloudFront, Docker
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to dive deep and discover true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions
- A high degree of comfort operating in a sometimes ambiguous, fast changing environment with rapid iteration cycles
- Proven delivery of complex technical roadmaps and be detail oriented with excellent problem solving abilities.
- Experience with the Scrum and Agile methodology and experience working within and leading Agile teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Director of Software Engineering
Nov 13 2020
Director of Software Engineering - Intelage
Description: As our Director of Software Engineering at Intelage, you will be responsible for the development, management and delivery of our entire technical roadmap. You will collaborate closely with design, product and marketing leaders in order to deliver compelling products and services for our customers. You will drive the technical vision while building out a team of developers at a rapid pace; ensuring that the right thing is built at the right time and, most importantly, in the right way.
This is a hands-on position where you will be expected to develop software in addition to leading the technical team; stepping in as needed to get the job done. The ideal candidate must be comfortable operating in an ambiguous, fast changing environment with rapid iteration cycles. You will act as an influencer throughout the organization and embody radical ownership of your team’s deliverables.
A successful candidate must have a background in computer science, strong leadership abilities, experience running Agile teams, proven delivery of complex technical roadmaps and be detail oriented with excellent problem solving abilities. This is a high-impact, strategic role. This position reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Responsible for the technical deliveries of the software development life cycle
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management and execution against project, product plans and delivery commitments
- Report on status of development, quality, developer operations, and system performance to management
- Ensure the right thing is being built and delivered at the right time in the right way
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing software development teams
- Minimum 8 years total software industry experience, including hands-on development and/or team management
- Technical lead that has successfully scaled a startup from early to midsize and beyond
- Experience in OOP, knowledge of relevant design patterns and designing highly scalable systems
- Full lifecycle software development team management experience, from inception to delivery, through production operations
- Experienced in full-stack development using the following technologies: Typescript, React, NestJS, MongoDB, AWS, CI, GraphQL, CloudFront, Docker
- Experience with the Scrum and Agile methodology
- Experience launching and maintaining complex features
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Intelage is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Intelage is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
TypeScript Full-Stack Developer
May 19 2020
Note: Due to the high volume of incoming applications we direct all the candidates to apply through a Google Form. You need to a Google account in order to apply for now. We apologise for this inconvenience and we will change the process to a more generic solution as soon as possible. We suggest you to sign up for a throwaway Google account if you do not have one.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack TypeScript developer to build web frontend and backend systems for FirstBlood gaming and eSports community. We appreciate how can work independently, have experience of remote working and communicate themselves clearly. We hope working on early-stage products excites you and you love collaborating with the product team and designers.
What we expect
- Minimum of four years of software development experience is required
- Experience developing REST API based backend services
- Familiarity with writing tests, end-to-end testing and continuous integration
- Prior experience in Angular or NestJS beneficial
- Prior experience using UNIX shell and Docker is beneficial
- If you play competitive video or mobile games, like PUBG or Free Fire, it is a big plus
- You will be responsible for your own equipment, and you need to bring your own devices like a laptop
- Working during the Europen business hours required (10am - 6pm)
You will be
- Shipping features on a daily level
- Planning and collaborating on features with product managers, designer and other engineers
The hiring process consists of
- A form asking your details and a salary requirement
- Reviewing your CV
- You will be partially ranked based on your activity on Github, StackOverflow, LinkedIn and other developer forums
- A development exercise to complete a feature in Angular / Nest.js application
- An interview on Google Hangout video call after the exercise is complete
- We will make a decision based 6-8 shortlisted candidates
We invite you to a development exercise and interview based on the profiles you fill with us.