Cloud Software Developer
We are building a brand-new Development Team. You will be working within this team to build out high performing API’s, robust microservices, cloud native databases, backend algorithms and infrastructure in support of the company's vision for a supremely scalable, extensible and highly performing cloud-native solution.
What You’ll Need
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A positive and proactive attitude with strong initiative, team-working skills and the ability to learn quickly.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate in English in all forms.
- An understanding of the principles behind great software design, allowing you to write code that’s clean, fast and scalable.
- A good degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other numerate or semi-numerate discipline.
- Extensive commercial experience of building and working with cloud-native or hybrid cloud solutions under either Azure, AWS or Google Cloud.
- Strong hands-on experience with Microsoft .NET Core, using C#.
- Experience of building solutions incorporating NoSQL Databases such as Redis, MongoDB, AWS DynamoDB or Azure Cosmos DB.
- Well-practiced with Agile Development Methodology, working in short sprint cycles.
- RESTful API development.
- Git Source Control, in particular with GitHub or Azure DevOps Services.
- Unit Testing Frameworks, such as MSTest or NUnit.
- Experience of building cloud-native solutions with Microsoft Azure; particularly use of Azure Functions, Machine Learning, Table & Blob Storage, App Service, API Gateway, Azure Service Bus and Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Working familiarity with microservices-based architectures and implementing design patterns such as CQRS.
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform).
- Containerization Technology (Docker, Kubernetes, Nginx).
- Working knowledge of CI/CD using TeamCity, Azure DevOps Services or similar tooling.
Web Development frameworks including React, Node.JS and Express.
In Return You’ll Receive
- A greenfield opportunity to build a brand new, highly sophisticated cloud-native platform.
- An opportunity to work with some of the most modern and leading-edge cloud-based technologies available; working closely with top experts in the industry.
- Great start-up culture in a fun, friendly and hardworking team.
- Flexible remote working
- Competitive salary
- Share options package - a rare opportunity to get in early and have a stake in what could potentially be a unicorn start-up, with a huge financial payback
- Private healthcare insurance
- 25 days of holiday + national holidays.
Software Engineer & Architect
Looking for a New Challenge?
Want to work for a Growing Business?
Do you have the Experience and Knowledge we are looking for?
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage deadlines that are set by Chief Technology Officer.
- Monitoring of systems and alerts to identify significant trends and issues
- Bring new ideas and best practice on the design, architectural and software development of the service.
- Inspire, mentor and encourage colleagues to apply intelligently customised industry best practice.
- Reviews designs, and software written by other developers for quality, best practice and architectural integrity.
- Play a large part in the Continuous Integration Environment
- Plan & build architecture to cater for growth
- Help develop the team to refactor legacy code in more modern patterns
- Participate in Scrum meetings and lab calls
- Ability to write clear and concise system architectural documentation and summary diagrams
- Develop, communicate and maintain a road map of the architectural developments
- Monitor and review product and technology developments in the industry and present new ideas to BigChange
- Liaise and communicate to other departments such as Product Development, Testing and Customer-Specific software development teams to add value to their roles.
- Comply with company policies & processes, particularly for quality, data protection, information security & secure systems engineering (supporting the introduction of ISO27001)
- Provide top class service to our customers
- Provide training support to other members of the company and be a brand ambassador to BigChange.
- 10 years + experience in a similar environment (Essential)
- Experience as a software developer (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of C# & .Net (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of SQL and NoSql technology (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience in Machine Learning (Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience in Serverless (Essential)
- Experience in SaaS development (Essential)
Your Skills and Interests:
- Technically strong, with recent hands-on experience in one of their core areas of technical delivery
- An ability to advise senior stakeholders, work comfortably without definition and apply a progressive technical approach to any problem
- You’ll show a good understanding of how to put together software
- You’ll be an inquisitive technologist and naturally encourage others to be alike.
- You’ll convey a sense of credibility and trust within the team and BigChange
- You will have exceptional people skills and ability to objection handling where required
- Ability to work individually as well as a team with a adaptable and flexible approach to work
- You will have hands-on experience in System Software Development
- Ability to communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- You will have an organised and proactive approach to work
- Upto £80,000 p/a - depending on experience
- Expenses paid for all overnight stays, subsistence and mileage whilst on business.
- Over 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, plus ‘BigChange Birthday’.
- Pension plan (NEST 3% employer, 3% employee)
- Gym membership assistance £20 gross pay monthly (for 12 months).
- Annual eye test reimbursement
- Free massage in the office
- “Motivational Mondays” – inspiring talks monthly from extraordinary people.
- Local fruit delivered weekly to the office.
- Being part of a supportive team with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the company.
- Experience cutting edge technology and be part of a company that is shaping the future.
Location of work: Office or home-based
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
Back-End Software Engineer
Dec 13 2019
About the Role
HEROFi is growing quickly and is currently seeking a Back-End Software Engineer (Node.js) to help extend and enhance our internal and customer-facing APIs and back-end processes. This position is back-end only and we have a varied technology set and problem space. One day you could be working on getting information into our data lake and our data warehouse, the next adding data to our data pipeline, or the next migrating to a Graph API. While this position is for back-end, we have both front-end and true-full stack positions as well.
What Youll Do:
- Contribute to all aspects of the services and applications under the teams ownership, which includes design, implementation, unit testing, refactoring, deployment, uptime, and performance of the services.
- Improve internal team processes by keeping what's working, throwing away what's not.
- Collaborate on the vision of the services and applications under the team's ownership.
- Understand system authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Build technology the right way; for us, this means simple, well-tested services and tools that gradually grow over time, and that provide plenty of insight into production usage and performance.
- Help other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring.
- Create unit and acceptance tests, in collaboration with the Quality Assurance team.
TARGETABLE employs a vibrant team of diverse and talented individuals who have a passion for bringing innovation to the retail & hospitality industries. In addition to offering competitive salaries and benefits, our employees enjoy working with cutting edge technology in a flexible work environment where results are recognized and rewarded. Benefits include:
- 100% paid medical
- Unlimited PTO
Remote (US CT and PST Preferred)