Full Stack Engineer
SpotMe is the worldwide leader of enterprise engagement platforms with a focus on live events, virtual and hybrid meetings, as well as long-term engagement.
The Covid19 crisis has created a big shift in the way people work, meet and interact with one-another. As a result, we’re seeing a total reset of the industry, and while this is a big change, it is also a fantastic opportunity to transform the way people engage in meetings and events.
In the past months, we have fully embraced this opportunity, and have evolved our platform and apps to match these new needs. Our agility has allowed us to adapt with the fastest possible pace, by continually delivering and deploying new features and innovations.
In parallel, we have also had to adapt the way we work, with a focus on flexibility. Our engineers are now free to decide when they want to work from home, and when they come into our Lausanne or Sofia office. In fact, they can work from anywhere they want.
Do you want to join us in this exciting adventure? Please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
- Develop new features for our CMS - SpotMe Backstage as well as for our WebApp.
- Optimise user experience, streamline workflows, improve feedback and reporting
- Perform complete UI/UX re-design with ease of use, contextual aid in mind
- Work in cross-team projects on new & improving existing features
- Participate in brainstorming, specification and design sessions
- Maintain documentation, samples & best practices up to the highest standards
- Experience with SQL & No-SQL databases is a plus
- Demonstrated success in designing and building complex web applications
- Strong analytical, communication and collaboration skills
- Proactive, independent, completes tasks down to resolution
iFit empowers people to change their lives and achieve sustainable, healthy results. iFit's focus is to connect everybody to everything fitness. We love software that talks to real things. Our parent company is the world's largest fitness manufacturer (our brands include: NordicTrack, ProForm, Freemotion, and more), which provides us a LOT of devices to engage with. We believe a healthy lifestyle should be fun, so we constantly push the limits to bring our customers state-of-the-art products that will help them in every aspect of their lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
We're looking for experienced developers that can help us build an amazing fitness platform. Here's a taste of what you can expect:
Work closely with front-end and native developers building WebViews in React for our hybrid mobile applications.
Architect and build services using AWS Lambda and TypeScript.
Design performance-driven endpoints for our public API.
Ensure all of our code works as designed by helping build out our extensive test suite.
Participate in peer code reviews. A great way to produce solid code and learn new things!
Engage in internal tech talks and other training. Got something interesting to teach us? Please share!
iFit is comprised of both on-site and remote employees. We are headquartered in Logan, UT and you are welcome to work from the office or mostly anywhere else in the US (there are a few exceptions). Currently the entire web team (that's us) works remotely, so we are very experienced and comfortable working in a remote-friendly environment. We currently use Slack, Zoom, and Google to keep our communication alive and engaged!
MacBook Pro and external monitor
A cell phone of your choice + monthly phone plan
Free piece of fitness equipment of your choice
Semi-annual team meet-ups
Continuing education opportunities
Highly competitive salary and compensation package
Yearly performance/pay evaluation
List of states we are able to hire in: AZ, AR CA CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MD, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI.
Full Stack Engineer / Server Developer
Kwalee is an expanding, independent mobile games developer and publisher based in the beautiful town of Leamington Spa, England, within the area known as Silicon Spa where over 3,000 game developers work.
Kwalee is one of the world's fastest growing studios and has rapidly become the largest hyper-casual publisher in the UK. Thanks to hit games including Draw it, Looper, Jetpack Jump, Shootout 3D, Go Fish!, Plank! and Rocket Sky, Kwalee has hundreds of millions of players across the globe, placing us within the top 5 mobile developers worldwide.
The company was founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE - awarded by the Queen, co-founder of Codemasters and comprises of a highly skilled and creative team that has doubled its size in the last year. The team includes many industry veterans and the original creator of the Micro Machines video games (yes, you read well, we have celebrities here!).
As Full Stack Engineer you will write code that will run on 100s of servers thousands of times a second helping our games run smoothly, you will have to work out how to deal with massive amounts of data efficiently, train machines to crunch data and generally play around with the latest and greatest in tech.
You love to write efficient code and tackle hard puzzles, you like working with a committed team.
You can either work REMOTELY or in our Leamington Spa office surrounded by a great bunch of people!
What you tell your friends you do
“I’m the hero of the day, when actually I only needed to fix one line of code”
What you will really be doing
Contributing to the design and architecture of our servers using Python with Flask deployed on AWS EC2 Servers.
Implementing server features to robustly support millions of mobile game players.
You’ll be working with a worldwide multi cluster Couchbase and Elasticsearch database.
Interfacing with other teams on any server-related issues affecting them.
How you will be doing this
You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
You’ll think creatively and will be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 70 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important technical decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
At least several years of proven track record of writing high quality database and program code for servers with Python. We have 3 positions available so can consider more junior and senior levels of experience too.
The ability to write quick scripts to accelerate manual tasks.
Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Couchbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Memcache,etc.) could be useful but it’s not mandatory.
Knowledge of Unix, Linux or equivalent development environments
Some experience in game development would be a plus, although it’s not necessary.
An avid interest in either console, PC or mobile games.
- You can either work REMOTELY or in our Leamington Spa office surrounded by a great bunch of people!
We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
Creative Wednesdays! (Complete freedom to design and make your own games every Wednesday)
Access to the on site gym - no more skiving!
25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
Free snacks, fruit and drinks
Monthly employee awards
- Latest equipment available - we even have a robot!
Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Senior Software Engineer
ShareStream Education is a leader in online video and media management solutions for academic institutions. Our team is passionate about building a great product that is continually evolving and providing a service that allows our customers to realize the vast potential of streaming media for education.
ShareStream Education is deeply committed to achieving client successes and building strong relationships with the Company’s clients, whom we regard as our partners.
ShareStream views itself as an education company as well as a software company, and our commitment to learning is a part of our company culture. We strive to create an environment that encourages professional growth, where team members learn new skills and gain experience in new areas.
Join us and contribute to changing the way online education takes place through the use of streaming media!
The Senior Software Engineer will work remotely and report to ShareStream's VP of Engineering.
- Develop and contribute to the design of backend microservices
- Build and maintain automated test suites
- Participate in architecture and design sessions.
- BS and/or MS degree in Computer Science or a related degree
- 5+ years of software-engineering experience using Java to develop web applications
- Expert-level Java skills
- Intermediate-level UNIX/Linux skills
- Experience with Kubernetes, microservices, Elasticsearch and NoSQL databases
- Exceptional problem-solving, debugging and log-analysis skills
- Exceptional software-development habits (use of unit tests, code documentation, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with a scripting language, preferably Python is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-moving startup environment is a strong plus.
Full Stack Developer
We’re looking for a Full-Stack Developer to join our dynamic Engineering team. This role will focus on helping us rapidly execute our Partner API and Direct-to-Consumer roadmaps. This position can be located in our NYC headquarters, Lancaster PA office or be remote.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing, profitable venture-backed company in a rapidly expanding market in a highly-impactful position.
- Own your work from technical design, development, testing, deploying, maintaining and documenting
- Collaborate with the Product team and other members of the Engineering team to solve business & technical challenges in simple, sustainable ways
- 5+ years experience in a full-stack developer role for a SaaS company in an Agile Scrum environment, preferably at a start-up
- Exceptional work ethic, critical thinking skills & attention to detail
- Substantial experience with NodeJS & NoSQL databases
- Solid experience with building scalable and secure RESTful APIs
- Ability to work collaboratively within a distributed Engineering team
- Familiarity with any of the following: React/Redux, RabbitMQ, Redis, JSON API, PHP, Python, Nginx, MySQL, Couchbase
- Authentication mechanisms such as OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Browser automation/web scraping
- Experience with AWS, distributed systems & networking
Cloud Software Developer
We are building a brand-new Development Team. You will be working within this team to build out high performing API’s, robust microservices, cloud native databases, backend algorithms and infrastructure in support of the company's vision for a supremely scalable, extensible and highly performing cloud-native solution.
What You’ll Need
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A positive and proactive attitude with strong initiative, team-working skills and the ability to learn quickly.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate in English in all forms.
- An understanding of the principles behind great software design, allowing you to write code that’s clean, fast and scalable.
- A good degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other numerate or semi-numerate discipline.
- Extensive commercial experience of building and working with cloud-native or hybrid cloud solutions under either Azure, AWS or Google Cloud.
- Strong hands-on experience with Microsoft .NET Core, using C#.
- Experience of building solutions incorporating NoSQL Databases such as Redis, MongoDB, AWS DynamoDB or Azure Cosmos DB.
- Well-practiced with Agile Development Methodology, working in short sprint cycles.
- RESTful API development.
- Git Source Control, in particular with GitHub or Azure DevOps Services.
- Unit Testing Frameworks, such as MSTest or NUnit.
- Experience of building cloud-native solutions with Microsoft Azure; particularly use of Azure Functions, Machine Learning, Table & Blob Storage, App Service, API Gateway, Azure Service Bus and Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Working familiarity with microservices-based architectures and implementing design patterns such as CQRS.
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform).
- Containerization Technology (Docker, Kubernetes, Nginx).
- Working knowledge of CI/CD using TeamCity, Azure DevOps Services or similar tooling.
Web Development frameworks including React, Node.JS and Express.
In Return You’ll Receive
- A greenfield opportunity to build a brand new, highly sophisticated cloud-native platform.
- An opportunity to work with some of the most modern and leading-edge cloud-based technologies available; working closely with top experts in the industry.
- Great start-up culture in a fun, friendly and hardworking team.
- Flexible remote working
- Competitive salary
- Share options package - a rare opportunity to get in early and have a stake in what could potentially be a unicorn start-up, with a huge financial payback
- Private healthcare insurance
- 25 days of holiday + national holidays.
Software Engineer & Architect
Looking for a New Challenge?
Want to work for a Growing Business?
Do you have the Experience and Knowledge we are looking for?
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage deadlines that are set by Chief Technology Officer.
- Monitoring of systems and alerts to identify significant trends and issues
- Bring new ideas and best practice on the design, architectural and software development of the service.
- Inspire, mentor and encourage colleagues to apply intelligently customised industry best practice.
- Reviews designs, and software written by other developers for quality, best practice and architectural integrity.
- Play a large part in the Continuous Integration Environment
- Plan & build architecture to cater for growth
- Help develop the team to refactor legacy code in more modern patterns
- Participate in Scrum meetings and lab calls
- Ability to write clear and concise system architectural documentation and summary diagrams
- Develop, communicate and maintain a road map of the architectural developments
- Monitor and review product and technology developments in the industry and present new ideas to BigChange
- Liaise and communicate to other departments such as Product Development, Testing and Customer-Specific software development teams to add value to their roles.
- Comply with company policies & processes, particularly for quality, data protection, information security & secure systems engineering (supporting the introduction of ISO27001)
- Provide top class service to our customers
- Provide training support to other members of the company and be a brand ambassador to BigChange.
- 10 years + experience in a similar environment (Essential)
- Experience as a software developer (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of C# & .Net (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of SQL and NoSql technology (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience in Machine Learning (Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience in Serverless (Essential)
- Experience in SaaS development (Essential)
Your Skills and Interests:
- Technically strong, with recent hands-on experience in one of their core areas of technical delivery
- An ability to advise senior stakeholders, work comfortably without definition and apply a progressive technical approach to any problem
- You’ll show a good understanding of how to put together software
- You’ll be an inquisitive technologist and naturally encourage others to be alike.
- You’ll convey a sense of credibility and trust within the team and BigChange
- You will have exceptional people skills and ability to objection handling where required
- Ability to work individually as well as a team with a adaptable and flexible approach to work
- You will have hands-on experience in System Software Development
- Ability to communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- You will have an organised and proactive approach to work
- Upto £80,000 p/a - depending on experience
- Expenses paid for all overnight stays, subsistence and mileage whilst on business.
- Over 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, plus ‘BigChange Birthday’.
- Pension plan (NEST 3% employer, 3% employee)
- Gym membership assistance £20 gross pay monthly (for 12 months).
- Annual eye test reimbursement
- Free massage in the office
- “Motivational Mondays” – inspiring talks monthly from extraordinary people.
- Local fruit delivered weekly to the office.
- Being part of a supportive team with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the company.
- Experience cutting edge technology and be part of a company that is shaping the future.
Location of work: Office or home-based
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
Back-End Software Engineer
Dec 13 2019
About the Role
HEROFi is growing quickly and is currently seeking a Back-End Software Engineer (Node.js) to help extend and enhance our internal and customer-facing APIs and back-end processes. This position is back-end only and we have a varied technology set and problem space. One day you could be working on getting information into our data lake and our data warehouse, the next adding data to our data pipeline, or the next migrating to a Graph API. While this position is for back-end, we have both front-end and true-full stack positions as well.
What Youll Do:
- Contribute to all aspects of the services and applications under the teams ownership, which includes design, implementation, unit testing, refactoring, deployment, uptime, and performance of the services.
- Improve internal team processes by keeping what's working, throwing away what's not.
- Collaborate on the vision of the services and applications under the team's ownership.
- Understand system authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Build technology the right way; for us, this means simple, well-tested services and tools that gradually grow over time, and that provide plenty of insight into production usage and performance.
- Help other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring.
- Create unit and acceptance tests, in collaboration with the Quality Assurance team.
TARGETABLE employs a vibrant team of diverse and talented individuals who have a passion for bringing innovation to the retail & hospitality industries. In addition to offering competitive salaries and benefits, our employees enjoy working with cutting edge technology in a flexible work environment where results are recognized and rewarded. Benefits include:
- 100% paid medical
- Unlimited PTO
Remote (US CT and PST Preferred)