Senior Data Analyst
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times—and, with more than 9.5 million users and 50,000 five-star reviews - komoot is on its way to become one of the most popular cycling and hiking apps.
Join our fully remote team of 60+ people and change the way people explore!
We are now looking for an experienced and curious data analyst to help drive product decisions and help us develop the company strategy. We believe that data-informed decision making is key to our success and your skills, curiosity, and experience will play a crucial role in building the future of outdoor experiences. You can work from anywhere within the UTC-1 to UTC+3 timezone.
What you will do
- Turn data into actionable insights
- Develop analysis to drive product and business decisions and company strategy
- Design and implement metrics, dashboards, and continuous reports
- Communicate and discuss findings to different audiences (Co-founders, marketing, product, sales, etc.)
- Design and lead bigger analytics project to answer komoot’s key questions
- Organize and prioritize tasks of our data analytics roadmap
- Be an evangelist of data-informed decision-making
Why you will love it
- You’ll be a key player in making product development, marketing, and business decisions
- You’ll work closely with komoot’s co-founder and influence the future direction of komoot
- You’ll influence and be responsible for the future development of analytics at komoot, technically an organizationally
- You’ll work in a fast-paced startup with strongly motivated and talented co-workers
- You’ll enjoy the freedom to organize yourself the way you want
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, co - working of your choice, our HQ in Berlin/Potsdam or anywhere else that lies in any time zone situated between UTC-1 and UTC+3
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have a burning desire to transform data into actionable insights
- Have 3+ years of experience in evaluating marketing campaigns, cohort analysis, A/B testing and retention
- Fluent in SQL and Python’s data analytics libraries (pandas, numpy, matplotlib)
- Have strong communication and team skills
- Familiarity with statistical concepts
- Have a good overview of technical solutions in the data analytics field
- Have a hands-on attitude and are highly self-driven
Sounds like you?
Then send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your relevant experience
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Examples of your work (e.g. Dashboards, PDFs, Slideshare, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account
The ideal candidate is an experienced data engineer. You will help us develop and maintain our data pipelines, built with Python, Standard SQL, pandas, and Airflow within Google Cloud Platform. We are in a transitional phase of refactoring our legacy Python data transformation scripts into iterable Airflow DAGs and developing CI/CD processes around these data transformations. If that sounds exciting to you, you’ll love this job. You will be expected to build scalable data ingress and egress pipelines across data storage products, deploy new ETL pipelines and diagnose, troubleshoot and improve existing data architecture. Working in a fast-paced, flexible, start-up environment; we welcome your adaptability, curiosity, passion, grit, and creativity to contribute to our cutting-edge research of this growing, fascinating industry.
- Build and maintain ETL processes with our stack: Airflow, Standard SQL, pandas, spaCy, and Google Cloud.
- Write efficient, scalable code to munge, clean, and derive intelligence from our dataPage Break
Qualifications & Skills:
- 1-3 years experience in a data-oriented Python role, including use of:
- Google Cloud Platform (GCE, GBQ, Cloud Composer, GKE)
- CI/CD like: GitHub Actions or CircleCI
- Fluency in the core tenants of the Python data science stack: SQL, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.
- Familiarity with modern NLP systems and processes, ideally spaCy
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with non-technical stakeholders
- Experience scaling data processes with Kubernetes
- Experience with survey and/or social media data
- Experience preparing data for one or more interactive data visualization tools like PowerBI or Tableau
- Choose your own laptop
- Health Insurance