Data Scientist, Healthcare Policy Research
We are looking for data scientists with policy research experience to perform data processing and analysis tasks, such as monitoring data quality, applying statistical and data science methods, and creating data visualizations. In this role you will work on multi-disciplinary teams supporting program evaluation and data analytics to inform policy and decision makers.
- Answering research questions or building solutions that involve linking health or healthcare data to other administrative data.
- Designing, planning, and implementing the data science workflow on tasks and projects, involving descriptive statistics, machine learning or statistical analysis, data visualizations, and diagnostics using programming languages such as R or Python
- Communicating results to collaborative project teams using data visualizations and presentations via tools such as notebooks (e.g. Jupyter) or interactive BI dashboards
- Developing and maintaining documentation using Atlassian Confluence and Jira
- Implementing quality assurance practices such as version control and testing
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, Math, Computer Science, Social Science, or related field of study
- Eight (8) years of experience
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for applying data science and statistics to social impact projects in academic, extra-curricular, and/or professional settings
- Demonstrable skills in R or Python to manipulate data, conduct analyses, and create data visualizations
- Ability to version code using GitExperience with healthcare claims and administrative data
- Ability and desire to work independently as part of remote, interdisciplinary teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Data Privacy Analyst
Data Privacy Analyst
Anonos is a fast-growing start-up in the data privacy software space looking for a Data Privacy Analyst, who will report to our Chief Data Strategist. This is a remote/work from home position. If you want to be part of an exciting period in the company’s development and growth and think you meet most of the criteria below, we want to hear from you!
Please do not contact us if you are an agency or recruiter. We conduct our own in-house recruiting.
Our Co-Founders have been business partners for over 19 years and have an extremely successful track record. They previously built a company that was recognized as one of the fastest growing software companies on the Inc 500® for two years in a row and which was ultimately acquired by Nasdaq OMX. They have built a solid and cohesive team at Anonos which works efficiently, acts quickly, and values energy and focus.
We just received our 7th patent for our foundational technology (with another 60+ pending), and Gartner named us a “Cool Vendor” due to our innovation and uniqueness in the marketplace.
Privacy is one of the hottest technology segments in the market. We are launched, funded, have customers, an established partner channel, and are now ready for fast growth in 2020.
If you thrive working with bright co-workers and the latest technologies, like to contribute and be challenged at the same time, and are comfortable working remotely, we should be a great fit for you.
About Our Product and Solutions
Anonos’ patented BigPrivacy® technology enables compliant data innovation, analytics, use, sharing, combining, and re-linking by technically enforcing automated privacy and security controls in compliance with internal restrictions and external regulatory requirements.
We Value Team Members Who Are:
- Smart: You have outstanding intellectual ability, and a proven track record of quickly learning new skills, concepts, and technologies
- Great Communicators: You are an excellent written and verbal communicator. We are looking for someone who can interact effectively with the C-suite, the newest software engineer, and everyone in between
- Leaders: You can rally team members around a challenge
- Tech Savvy: You understand how information technologies work – and work together. You have experience with data use-cases including analytics, data processing, or similar fields
- Entrepreneurial: You are excited about creating new products at a startup that is re-defining the data privacy landscape
- Strategic and Analytical: You are excited about the prospect of constantly learning about our customers, our product and the market and thinking about the implications for our business
- Results-Oriented: You deliver, on-time. You anticipate obstacles and adjust when unexpected challenges arise
This role will initially be focused on supporting potential customer Proofs of Concept/Proofs of Value/Pilots as part of our Sales Process. Successful candidates will have at least 5 years of professional experience, a math, science or engineering degree and be able to demonstrate a combination of software technical acumen, project management, customer engagement and data analytics experience.
Sales Demonstrations / Proofs of Concept / Proofs of Value
- Support product demonstrations for potential customers
- Prepare synthetic data sets (schema definition, data generation, data wrangling, QA)
- Support translation of client uses case into BigPrivacy configurations and data process flows
- Support 3-hour technical demonstration sessions – step by step configuration of all BigPrivacy software to meet customer use-case requirements
Pilot Projects and New Client Implementations
- Support customer onboarding
- Scoping and defining requirements of client IT environment vs software requirements
- Support client install and first line troubleshooting; coordinate problem resolution with the development team when necessary
- Support distribution partner “on-site” project managers to ensure project and technical issues are addressed
- Provide software application training
- Develop an extensive working knowledge of all Anonos products
- Training of sales partner project management and technical staff as needed
- Participate with internal user-acceptance testing prior to new releases
- Create and edit product and training documentation
- Modify, update and improve existing demonstrations and create new ones
Data Analytics/Data Engineering
- Hands-on experience with data analytics – methods, use cases, challenges
- Intermediate Excel (pivot tables, functions, data formatting, dates)
- Data Wrangling, Featuring Engineering
- Pentaho Data Integration or other ETL tools a significant plus
- Data Science skills a significant plus (R, basic ML models, statistical concepts)
- Basic familiarity with several of the following: all or most a significant plus
- Linux – desktop and basic command line, including vim (text editor), SSH
- GitHub, ZenHub (or comparable)
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Hadoop, MapR, HDFS, Spark or other BigData tools
- Pseudonymisation, Tokenization, Encryption
- Experience with Data Privacy (GDPR, CCPA, HIPPA, etc.) a significant plus
- Experience with Regulatory/Standards compliance of any kind financial, ISO, health-care, environmental, quality, nuclear, etc. a significant plus
- Ability to lead meetings and training webinars with customer mid-level technical, professional and management staff
- (Technical/IT) Project Management experience
- Ability to relate to customers and staff in a professional and courteous manner
- Exceptional phone support and software/hardware troubleshooting skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to work 100% remote, but still highly collaborative; self-starter
- Interest in working for early stage startup – risks, flexibility, adaptability
If this sounds like the right role and the right environment for you, we welcome your application.
Learn more about Anonos at www.anonos.com
Senior Data Scientist
In the Senior Data Scientist role, you will have full ownership over the projects you tackle, contribute to solving a wide range of machine learning applications, and find opportunities where data can improve our platform and company. We are looking for an experienced and creative self-starter who executes well and can exhibit exceptional technical know-how and strong business sense to join our team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Mine and analyze data from company data stores to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop and implement data cleansing and processing to evaluate and optimize data quality
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Run complex SQL queries and existing automations to correlate disparate data to identify questions and pull critical information
- Apply statistical analysis and machine learning to uncover new insights and predictive models for our clients
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality
- Collaborate with data engineering and ETL teams to deploy models / algorithms in production environment for operations use
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Create visualizations and storytelling
- Communicate Statistical Analysis and Machine Learning Models to Executives and Clients
- Create and manage APIs
WHO YOU ARE:
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience
- Extensive knowledge of Python and R
- Clear understanding of various analytical functions (median, rank, etc.) and how to use them on data sets
- Expertise in mathematics, statistics, correlation, data mining and predictive analysis
- Experience with deep statistical insights and machine learning ( Bayesian, clustering, etc.)
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud Computing including: EC2, S3, EMR.
- Familiarity with Geospatial Analysis/GIS
- Other experience with programming languages such as Java, Scala and/or C#
- Proficiency using query languages such as SQL, Hive, and Presto
- Familiarity with BDE (Spark/pyspark, MapReduce, or Hadoop)
- Familiarity with software development tools and platforms (Git, Linux, etc.)
- Proven ability to drive business results with data-based insights
- Self-initiative and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for data
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 15 Days of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Lunch provided 2x a week
- Snacks, snacks, snacks!
- Casual dress code
We are looking for an R developer to build and maintain our R interface to the TileDB array storage engine and hosted cloud service. R is a very popular programming language used by numerous developers in the Bio and Finance communities, among many others. The TileDB core library is built in C++ for supreme performance, and we built an R API so that it can be used by the R community. We are looking for a person to improve our R API and expand it with computational capabilities (e.g., integration with dplyr) and domain specific software (e.g., Bioconductor).
As an R Engineer, you will be responsible for
- Leading the development of TileDB-R (TileDB R API)
- Building out features to better integrate TileDB-R with commonly used R data science libraries
- Troubleshooting and fixing bugs reported by users
- Building and developing use cases around using TileDB in the R ecosystem
Our headquarters are in Cambridge, MA, USA and we have a subsidiary in Athens, Greece. However, you will have the flexibility to work remotely as long as your residence is in the USA or Greece. US candidates must be US citizens, whereas Greek candidates must be Greek or EU citizens.
In your first 30 days, you will familiarize yourself with the core TileDB storage engine and the existing TileDB-R API. For your next 30 days, you will start contributing to TileDB-R, adding missing core TileDB functions and improving the performance of the existing ones. After 60 days, you will be fully integrated in our team. You will start researching R use cases and exploring further integrations with popular R packages.
- Experience developing and maintaining R libraries
- Experience using a low-level R API for a C library
- Experience using Rcpp / C++ for R extensions
- Familiarity with S3 / S4 OO frameworks
- Familiarity with R packaging, distribution with CRAN
- Experience extending / building upon data.frame / data.table API’s
- Domain knowledge in using R within the fields of finance or bioinformatics
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% medical and dental insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Flexibility to work remotely (anywhere in the US or Greece)
TileDB, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive team.