Exciting opportunity to work on significantly advancing the state-of-the-art in cybersecurity tools! Our effort is addressing an outstanding software security hole, through novel applications of machine learning.
Location : GrammaTech has offices in Ithaca, NY, Bethesda, MD, and Madison, WI — but will consider remote employees when there is a strong match of skills and remote work experience,outside the recent pandemic. (Remote employees MUST be located in the United States.)
Under guidance of a principal investigator (PI), a software engineer on a research project will implement innovative prototypes to explore new approaches to problems in software security. A research-oriented software engineer is expected to:
- Study and implement approaches drawn from academic literature or in-house design.
- Evaluate the resulting prototype implementation to test its value in addressing the research goals.
- Report results to the PI and respond by adapting the prototype to better address research goals.
- Contribute to presentations and written reports that keep research sponsors up to date on project progress.
- Prepare prototypes for demonstrations and evaluations by research sponsors.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Three (3) years or more of industry experience.
- Significant experience with applying machine learning techniques such as artificial neural networks, support vector machines, and cluster analysis to different problem domains.
- Experience with implementing robust software using open source machine learning frameworks such as keras, scikit-learn, gensim. Such experience is expected to be in projects that are beyond standard coursework.
- Ability to read advanced machine learning publications, and to judge and implement the key ideas.
- Advanced software application development skills in Python and C++.
- Thorough understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science.
- Experience with machine code (x86, x64, ARM).
- Knowledge of the cybersecurity domain.
- Knowledge of containerization, orchestration, and deployment (docker, Kubernetes, AWS).
GrammaTech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply
XOi Technologies is changing the way field service companies capture data, create efficiencies, collaborate with their technicians, and drive additional revenue through the use of the XOi Vision platform. Our cloud-based mobile application is powered by a robust set of machine learning capabilities to drive behaviors and create a seamless experience for our users.
We are a group of talented and passionate engineers and data scientists working together to discover and provide valuable insights for our customers. We leverage state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to provide our users with these unique insights, best practices, and solutions to the challenges they face in their workplace. Problems and solutions typically center around aspects of the Vision platform such as image recognition, natural language processing, and content recommendation.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will build machine learning products to help automate workflows and provide valuable assistance to our customers. You’ll have access to the right tools for the job, large amounts of quality data, and support from leadership that understands the full data science lifecycle. You’ll build models using technologies such as Python, Tensorflow, and Docker.
- Interpret and understand business needs/market opportunities, and translate those into production analytics.
- Select appropriate technologies and algorithms for given use cases.
- Work directly with product managers and engineering teams to tightly integrate new analytic capabilities.
- Prepare reports, visualizations, and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of the analytics you create.
- Stay current on relevant machine learning and data science practices, and apply those to existing problem sets.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning algorithms, processes, tools, and platforms including: CNN, RNN, NLP, Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc.
- Proficient with the following (or comparable): Linux, Python, scikit-learn, NumPy, pandas, spaCy.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets/sparse data with structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with deep learning techniques and their optimizations for efficient implementation.
- Great communication skills, ability to explain predictive analytics to non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s in Math, Engineering, or Computer Science (or technical degree with commensurate industry experience).
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in data science/machine learning.
Nice to Have:
- AWS services such as Lambda, AppSync, S3, and DynamoDB
- DevOps experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment.
- Experience in software engineering best practices, principles, and code design concepts.
- Speech-to-text or OCR expertise.
You Are Someone Who:
- Has a passion for code quality and craftsmanship.
- Views your profession as your craft and continuously pursues excellence in your work.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
- Collaborates effectively across various teams, coordinating regularly to set and manage expectations.
- Being a key part of a fast-growing software company where you can make a difference.
- Comprehensive insurance plans.
- Monthly wellness allowance.
- Flexible paid time off & paid volunteer time.
- Learning & development.
- Working in the historic and centrally located Marathon Village in Nashville, TN.
- Participating in team outings, events, and general fun!
- Helping to change an industry by serving the men and women that make our world turn.