Senior Software Engineer -- Angular 2+ -- for Student Success Software
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete sprint stories, fix bugs, and code new features:
- Assist in refining backlog work and defining acceptance criteria
- Accurately estimate time required for a story
- Support work with code reviews, unit/integration tests and by contributing documentation
- Install and maintain personal docker environment
- Uphold DIGARC’s development process
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (c0nt):
- Engage other Engineers about code, process and challenges within the Agile framework
- Communicate problems and solutions directly and effectively to leadership
- Ability to analyze, design, read, write, and explain Angular 2+
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot the application stack (Python API, Angular front end, MVC Structure)
- Ability to write quality unit tests
- Ability to use Git effectively
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Adept at working independently and efficiently on several projects in the same timeframe
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others
- Tenacity in troubleshooting (client issues, performance, data integrity)
- Aptitude for constantly learning new technologies, highly desired
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or related Engineering or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience debugging and problem solving with large, complex web-based applications
- 2+ years experience working with APIs or Python
- 2+ years with enterprise software development, maintenance and process
- Experience testing frameworks and unit testing
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Agile process, especially Scrum
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Travel outside of the office is minimal but can happen on occasion. Typical professional office working conditions.
** U.S. Citizenship or ability to work in the United States without sponsorship (currently and in the future) **
All DIGARC employees are expected to display unquestionable integrity in every aspect of work and dealing with others. Respect for diversity and inclusion of all individuals is imperative to our business success and required.
FULL-STACK DJANGO DEVELOPER AND PROJECT LEADER
Scalable Path is looking for a Full-Stack Django Developer and Project Leader. This is a remote, part-time position (approximately 4 hours/day).
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is a real estate startup that helps homeowners and homebuyers make a successful transaction without the complexity and cost of agents and commissions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be both a leading a small development team and developing new features in an existing Django web application. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading a daily scrum meeting
- Working with the client (Product Owner) to define new features
- Managing the development team (you and two other developers)
- Making important technical/architectural decisions
- Coding new features such as Integration with 3rd party providers
- Setting expectations with the client and being accountable for commitments
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be leading a development team with two other developers and at least one member of the client's management team who will be acting as the Product Owner. The client is in the America/New York (-04:00) EDT time zone.
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills
- Ability and desire to lead a small dev team
- Experience with playing the role of a Scrum Master on a daily meeting
- Experience with hosting and deploying web applications on AWS
- Python (Django)
- Git (Github)
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) SKILLS:
- Certified Scrum Master
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
SemanticBits is looking for a full-stack engineer to help us build modern digital health services that are used to support the Center’s for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) Quality Payment Program (QPP). The project involves implementing highly interactive and modern web interfaces with Angular that will be used by healthcare providers across the country. The system is backed by Node business services implemented in a microservices paradigm. The application uses a MySQL database. The project will be implemented using an Agile, Scrum-based process that includes Sprint Planning/Review/Retrospectives and daily stand-ups. The team uses human-centered design to implement highly modern, usable interfaces.
- Be part of a dynamic, highly-independent Scrum team following the standard Scrum ceremonies in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment
- Work with the Product Owner and Scrum Master to break down requirements into technical tasks
- Take ownership of various user stories and work with the development team to manage dependencies on the QPP Program
- Collaborate with members of other teams to address integration needs and/or other interdependencies
- Assist with the release management process
- Assist team members in any way necessary to meet team commitments
- Expertise working as part of a dynamic, interactive Agile team developing and delivering digital services
- Minimum 3 years experience developing front-end web user interfaces with Angular
- Experience with integrating with RESTful backend microservices using Node.js(+typescript)
- Experience with AWS highly preferred, along with Docker
- Experience with build tools like webpack, npm, and gulp/grunt
- Experience with Test-Driven Development using automated testing frameworks such as Mocha, Karma, Jasmine, Sinon, and/or Protractor
- Experience ensuring your code builds and deploys properly through Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment processes, built in Jenkins or a comparable tool
- Ability to work with and coordinate with other developers using digital tools such as Slack
- Experience with version control tools, such as Git
- Knowledge of modern design patterns and building enterprise-grade production applications
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Benefits Competitive base salary Three weeks of PTO Ten paid holiday days Comprehensive health benefits (medical with HSA option, dental, and vision) Professional development and training reimbursement 401k retirement plan with matching benefit 100% paid short-term and long-term disability 100% paid life insurance Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) Casual working environment Flexible working hours SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.
Technical Product Manager
Contrast Security, Inc. is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate analysis and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has intelligent agents that work actively inside applications to prevent data breaches, defeat hackers and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently searching for a Technical Product Manager to lead the future of our Emerging Languages agents. If you are passionate about creating great customer experiences and driving immediate business impact, this role might be just what you have been looking for. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the modern software development lifecycle, the developer persona, and the security space. This role requires a broad understanding of the market trends around Node, Ruby, Python and their corresponding frameworks. He/She should be obsessed about scoping and prioritization, have a strong software engineering foundation, and a track record of driving Agile development as a Product Owner.
- Product owner for the Node, Ruby and Python agents across the agile development process, including sprint planning, grooming and retrospectives.
- Own and drive the business case for new agents and the strategy and roadmap for the Node, Ruby and Python agents with focus on usability, versatility, adoption and competitiveness.
- Collaborate with the broader product management team to align on the agents priorities across our various product and GTM initiatives.
- Develop a deep understanding of the market landscape and identify key areas of competitive differentiation and market disruption.
- Continuously monitor the pulse of the market through frequent interactions with customers, sales and customer success.
- Work with cross-functional teams to execute successful software releases covering support, operations, communication, documentation & sales enablement.
- Establish clear metrics and KPIs to continuously evaluate business performance and usability with a direct feedback loop into the product strategy.
- 1-3 years of technical product management / product owner experience in relevant markets. Experience on targeting the developer persona is a plus.
- Software development experience, especially in Ruby, Python and the corresponding frameworks.
- Customer Experience and KPI-driven mindset that focuses on delivering delightul solutions with measurable success.
- Talent for handling input from various stakeholders and distilling it down to prioritized actionable plans that engineering can execute and deliver.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile and Lean development practices while working closely with engineering.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Bachelor's degree in engineering; MBA a plus.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- In-office Lunches
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) + matching
- Flexible paid time off
Development Manager, Java Agent
As a member of the Contrast Security team, you will join a group responsible for industry leading Application Security products. Our team includes engineers, designers, and product managers, all focused on making the Internet safer for everyone. We believe in agile practices to build our software, as well as continuously delivering features and improvements to our users. You are a person who is always pushing your teammates to do their best work and intolerant of anything else. Our team believes that a successful product is built by working with designers, product managers, and operators to understand the full cycle of software development.
The role of the Development Manager involves a balance of day-to-day personnel management, as well managing development projects in a cross-functional manner. Development managers are not just managers, as they are expected to commit code, but at a different pace than contributing engineers. This is our flagship development team and the opportunity to lead a group of very talented and motivated software engineers.
As Development Manager of the Java Agent team you have a number of responsibilities, but the primary one is to ship product out the door. Your goal is deliver results to the customer and market. To do this you need to make sure the development team is able to work as efficiently as possible and this means making sure they have clear goals, both short term and long term, and that nothing prevents them from doing their work. From the initial project scope to deploying the product out to customer sites, each step is your responsibility. You can, and should, delegate as much as you can but be ready to check that things are being done as you want and be ready to jump in if it is not.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own your product and software code base, including the feature road map, customer issues/defects and the technology road map.
- Lead up cross-functional development project initiatives owning project management, issue tracking, scoping and planning.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner, Scrum Master and Development team to deliver a high-value, first class security product.
- Drive the daily standup meeting with the team to ensure the project is on-track and that issues are resolved timely.
- Support all hiring and recruiting initiatives for your team.
- Work on technical designs and architectural initiatives on a project by project basis.
- Manage individuals supporting their personal/career growth and development.
- Develop team and individual goals/objectives that align to the department and company goal
- Perform consistent and regular individual one on one meetings with team members.
- Be a team player. You love to work with others to find the right solutions.
- You love to manage others and make them better developers.
- You love to code and deploy at scale.
- Desire to make the Internet a safer place.
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you're building.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges.
- You see the big picture. You understand how the code you write interacts with systems and services, both internally and externally.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Daily team lunches
- Meaningful stock plans
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
Technical Project Manager
At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our Engineering department. This position will report directly to our VP of Engineering and help us design and implement best-practice development processes, shepherd internal projects from idea to completion, and coordinate work across our multiple teams.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get three weeks’ paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Working remote? No problem; remote engineers are first-class citizens in our organization. Working from our NYC HQ? Enjoy delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our on-site chef.
What We’ll Like About You
- You have at least 4 years experience working in a similar role (project manager, operations manager, manager of special projects, etc.) as part of a team of 50–80 engineers (or slightly larger)
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly explain complex technical concepts to a technical and nontechnical audience alike
- You know how to write compelling documentation at a fast pace, turning the requirements and directives you collect from multiple stakeholders into comprehensive design and technical specs.
- You are well-versed with lean management techniques, and can manage projects using a Scrum or Kanban approach using tools like Jira.
- You have a proven record of coordinating the design of multiple complex projects across several different teams, scoping them appropriately, and shepherding them to completion.
- You know that processes exist to serve the organization, and not the other way around. You see your job as helping us make great decisions, and not just making sure that we check all the boxes.
FineTune is seeking a rigorous and detail oriented QA Engineer for our AP and Pre-AP education software product who has strong motivation to grow startup companies with an eye toward improving the software product and its testing according to user specifications. Prefer applicants located in U.S. timezones.
What you’ll be doing:
- Primarily manual testing of functional and UI requirements
- Working in an Agile Scrum format with two week sprints
- Working with the development team to thoroughly document bug reproduction steps and their resolutions
- Working with Product Owners to identify requirements and acceptance criteria and make sure they are documented accurately before coding begins
- Interacting with all of QA to cross train on various aspects of the platform
- Gathering metrics to help identify high risk areas of the platform and for improvement of the engineering team
- Working with the Project Manager/Scrum Master to address scheduling conflicts and other testing needs as applicable
- Verifying releases, before and after deployment
- 2+ years of manual QA experience for web based platforms
- 2+ years experience with SQL to manipulate, load and delete test data
- Experience with Jira or other task management tools to document bugs and their replication steps
- Experience with test plan repositories such as hiptest
- Ability to shift priorities and work under load and tight deadlines when needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - must be able to clearly and concisely document issues, answer clarifying questions, and facilitate communication between developers and stake holders
- Strong investigative and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with Github
Nice to have:
- Strong Agile Process Experience
- Experienced with MacOS
- Some experience with API and load testing
- Some experience with writing automated test scripts
- Some experience with HTTP status codes and browser dev tools
- Some experience with any programming language
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Dec 31 2019
Agile Business Analyst & Project Manager (Scrum Master)
Do you want to be a part of a growing company that is on the cutting-edge of talent acquisition and talent management technology? If so, then OutMatch is the place for you!
What You’ll Do:
Responsibilities for this role include partnering with the product owners to define and refine product functionality, giving form and shape to web-based software applications, managing a Continuous Delivery pipeline and coordinating successful product delivery. You will become the trusted adviser to various lines of business as you work with cross-functional teams (local and global) to correctly interpret, validate, estimate and implement required product functionality. You will serve as an enabler and foster a culture of trust, ownership and togetherness while working with a world-class engineering team!
As a member of our team, you will...
- Communicate, analyze, document, communicate, organize, facilitate, schedule, collaborate, mentor … did we mention communicate?
- Lead a distributed (remote & offshore) team through the full project lifecycle in a fast-paced Agile environment – this includes solution analysis, work breakdown process, dependency identification, driving continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics to identify areas of opportunity and maintaining the health of the applications owned by your team.
- Partner with Product Owner in the process of representing strategic business goals, driving clarity and alignment around the product vision and business solution definition.
- Guide and encourage the adoption of Agile & Continuous Delivery methodologies, help tailor processes to enable the team to become high performing and facilitate Agile ceremonies.
- Manage & groom the work backlog for the team while ensuring business priorities and system requirements are met.
- Produce timely and relevant artifacts including user stories, mockups, decisions & clarifications, system specifications, support transition guides, project status, meeting notes etc.
- Use different formats of documentation to fit needs of remote teams (UML, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project, Confluence widgets, Word, Excel – whatever it takes)
- Query (using SQL) various databases to analyze historic and current transactional data and meta-data for research and solution design.
- Assist with User Acceptance Tests and Beta testing prior to product launches.
…And most important, you will contribute to and cultivate a culture of collaboration, transparency and fun!
What You'll Need:
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst & Scrum Master or Project Manager using Agile & DevOps principles
- Expertise with SQL, MS Excel, Visio and Jira / Confluence
- Strong Project Management skills in terms of prioritizing work, identifying dependencies and blockers to progress, monitoring progress and Communicating project status and escalations and experience with conducting Scrum ceremonies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills combined with the ability to facilitate meetings and lead group discussions for navigating complex solutions
- Ability to manage ambiguity and drive clarity for stakeholders and adapt to changes in priorities and business conditions while remaining focused on results.
- Proficiency with assisting leadership and team members with removing barriers and embracing transformation by helping the team evolve their tactical processes.
- Good organizational skills, including prioritization across multiple commitments and time management
- Preferably some prior experience as a QA analyst or software tester
- Familiar with concepts like Domain Driven design, CI/CD processes, launching Agile Release Trains and DevOps principles
- Familiarity or experience in the HR Tech (Hiring and Recruiting technology) domain
- Results-oriented self-starter mindset; highly motivated and collaborative, with a strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science or any other training or education in a related field
- PMI or CSM certification. This is preferred but not required
What You'll Get:
- A solid, experienced management team
- A comprehensive training program that enables you to be successful, quickly
- A world-class product with an elegant user interface that empowers our clients to positively impact their business results
- A competitive base salary and great incentive program
- A clear path for career growth in our industry leading organization
- A new, state-of-the-art office with free parking
- Discretionary time off. When you need it, you take it
- Casual dress – everyday
- We pay 100% of our employee’s medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Fitness Center
Voted one of Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, OutMatch is transforming the world of work by helping great companies like Adidas, Panera Bread, American Airlines and HCA match people with purpose. Our software predicts employee success on the job and measures fit with a company’s unique CultureDNA™, so companies hire the right people—the absolute best match—and develop them into premier employees who drive improved customer satisfaction and increased revenue.
Apply today to join a dynamic team dedicated to matching people with purpose!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Java Engineer for our CMS needed!
Dec 18 2019
At Magnolia, we help our clients to manage their virtual presence. Flexible. Scalable. Mobile. Magnolia CMS' mobile-inspired user interface and customizable app framework have revolutionized the world of content management. Join us to strengthen Magnolia's position as the most user-friendly enterprise CMS on the planet.
We’re looking for YOU, an experienced Java Engineer with a passion for solving problems as part of an agile team.
If you strive to create value in innovative ways and instead of trying to "think outside of the box" you simply get rid of it - his is when you're the perfect match for us.
Are we the right match for you? Please read on.
What you will do:
- Develop new features for our CMS, either Core or Add-ons
- Maintain the core content management functionality: from the user interface to rendered content including the template system, resources, and integration with front-end technologies.
- Take the technical lead of new initiatives and draft architecture and design concepts for larger changes
- Work in an agile environment with bi-weekly SCRUM sprints
- Deal with and improve dependency management, source control, issue tracking tools, and testing frameworks we use
- Spread new ideas and proven practices like TDD, Clean Code, Scrum, DevOps
What we are looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years Java development experience, Enterprise Java development is a plus
- Advanced experience with web technologies
- Experience with dependency management, source version control, issue tracking tools, and testing frameworks (for example Maven, Git, Jira, JUnit/Selenium)
- Experience with Vaadin or GWT is a bonus
- Fluent English is required, additional languages are a plus
What we actually do
We’re passionate about what we create; design and craft matter to us - whether it be in the graphics, the user experience or the code. Creating open source software that everyone can dig into keeps us honest & our code clean. We use state-of-the-art development tools and practices such as Maven, continuous integration with Jenkins, automated UI testing with Selenium & Jira for issues and project management.
And here’s how Magnolia empowers your success:
- A Great Product: Loved by clients and respected by analysts, Magnolia is arguably one of the best CMS solutions on the market.
- Directly Contribute to Magnolia’s Success: We value each individuals’ input and create opportunities to realize them.
- Great variety in your areas of responsibility: You will be able to dive into any skill area within the company that allows you to grow according to your personal career goals.
- International Exposure: With offices in the USA, Spain, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Singapore, and Vietnam you will collaborate with colleagues from over 30 Nationalities.
Dec 16 2019
Xapo is a fast-growing, global fintech company with a mission to build a safe and global way to use money. We’re a fully distributed team, with 250+ Xapiens working from 50+ countries.
We’re seeking a collaborative, proactive problem-solver to join us as Scrum Master at Xapo. This full-time position is planned to be remote, meaning you can work from anywhere!
BALANCE FOR BETTER
At Xapo, we embrace our differences and actively foster an inclusive environment where we all can thrive. We’re a flexible, family friendly environment, and we recognize that everyone has commitments outside of work. We have a goal of reaching gender parity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women and minorities. Diversity is not a tagline at Xapo; it is our foundation.
As a Scrum Master, you will work with multiple cross-functional delivery teams and Product Owners. You will autonomously team-build and grow consensus on inter-team issues, facilitate resolution of impediments and study organizational dynamics, in order to support and grow team health and consistently drive productivity and product quality. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the Scrum process with the coordination of the Scrum team in Agile methodology.
- Arranging daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of the adaptation process.
- Supporting the development team and Product Owner in the creation of product roadmap, reporting on the status of delivery and responding in real-time to changes in direction.
- Improving the efficiency of the development team.
- Removing impediments to the Scrum team.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the team’s predictability and productivity, focusing on continuous learning and optimization.
- Helping the Product Owners make the product backlogs and make them ready for the next sprint.
- Proactively and efficiently facilitating team’s delivery with minimal supervision.
- Diplomatically handling all conflicts to resolution as a servant leader.
- Exhibiting the Lean Agile mindset with excitement and energy.
- Conducting retrospective meetings.
- 2-3 years of work experience in the application of the Agile methodology and Scrum framework.
- Experience as a Scrum Master working with multiple teams.
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships at all levels in a distributed environment.
- Understand Lean Agile Software Development, DoD and release management.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
NICE TO HAVE
- Scrum Master / Agile Certification a Plus.
- PMP certification.
- Bitcoins or Financial Services experience.
A dedicated workspace.
A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
Alignment with Our Values.