Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
We're looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help us apply the recent advances in machine learning to ad blocking problems. In this position you would be expected to build and maintain our internal tools, like admincer, manage inference infrastructure, and integrate trained models into our products. You will be interfacing with machine learning models, deep understanding of machine learning techniques is desirable. You will be part of a team focused on automating ad blocking. This will involve proactively identifying, framing and solving problems.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Build and maintain internal tools for curation of our datasets
- Deploy and support ML models on the server-side
- Develop and maintain tools and processes for annotation of ad detection datasets
What you bring to the table...
- Applied machine learning background
- Ability to proactively and autonomously solve problems
- Experience implementing machine learning in Python
- Experience with either TensorFlow or PyTorch for both training and inference tasks
- Experience deploying machine learning projects to real users
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working in Agile teams
It's awesome, but not required, if you know about...
- The advertising technology industry
- Ad-blocking technology
- Browser extensions
- Browser instrumentation (Puppeteer, Selenium etc)
What we offer
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons
We are looking for a Python-focused software engineer to build and enhance our existing APIs and integrations with the Scientific Python ecosystem. TileDB’s Python API (https://github.com/TileDB-Inc/TileDB-Py) wraps the TileDB core C API, and integrates closely with NumPy to provide zero-copy data access. You will build and enhance the Python API through interfacing with the core library; build new integrations with data science, scientific, and machine learning libraries; and engage with the community and customers to create value through the use of TileDB.
Our headquarters are in Cambridge, MA, USA and we have a subsidiary in Athens, Greece. However, you will have the flexibility to work remotely as long as your residence is in the USA or Greece. US candidates must be US citizens, whereas Greek candidates must be Greek or EU citizens.
In your first 30 days, you will familiarize yourself with TileDB, the TileDB-Py API and the TileDB-Dask integration. After 30 days, you will be fully integrated in our team. You’ll be an active contributor and maintainer of the TileDB-Py project, and ready to start designing and implementing new features, as well as engaging with the Python and Data Science community.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Expertise in Python and experience with NumPy
- Experience interfacing with the CPython API, and Cython or pybind11
- Experience with Python packaging, including binary distribution
- Experience with C, C++, Rust, or a similar systems-level language
- Distributed computation with Dask, Spark, or similar distributed computation system
- Experience with a machine learning library (e.g. scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Theano)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or a similar cloud platform
- Experience with dataframe-focused systems (e.g. Arrow, Pandas, data.frame, Vaex)
- Experience with technical data formats such as (e.g. Parquet, HDF5, VCF, DICOM, GeoTIFF)
- Experience with other technical computing systems (e.g. R, MATLAB, Julia)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% medical and dental insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Flexibility to work remotely (anywhere in the US or Greece)
TileDB, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive team.
Senior Data Scientist
XOi Technologies is changing the way field service companies capture data, create efficiencies, collaborate with their technicians, and drive additional revenue through the use of the XOi Vision platform. Our cloud-based mobile application is powered by a robust set of machine learning capabilities to drive behaviors and create a seamless experience for our users.
We are a group of talented and passionate engineers and data scientists working together to discover and provide valuable insights for our customers. We leverage state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to provide our users with these unique insights, best practices, and solutions to the challenges they face in their workplace. Problems and solutions typically center around aspects of the Vision platform such as image recognition, natural language processing, and content recommendation.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will build machine learning products to help automate workflows and provide valuable assistance to our customers. You’ll have access to the right tools for the job, large amounts of quality data, and support from leadership that understands the full data science lifecycle. You’ll build models using technologies such as Python, Tensorflow, and Docker.
- Interpret and understand business needs/market opportunities, and translate those into production analytics.
- Select appropriate technologies and algorithms for given use cases.
- Work directly with product managers and engineering teams to tightly integrate new analytic capabilities.
- Prepare reports, visualizations, and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of the analytics you create.
- Stay current on relevant machine learning and data science practices, and apply those to existing problem sets.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning algorithms, processes, tools, and platforms including: CNN, RNN, NLP, Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc.
- Proficient with the following (or comparable): Linux, Python, scikit-learn, NumPy, pandas, spaCy.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets/sparse data with structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with deep learning techniques and their optimizations for efficient implementation.
- Great communication skills, ability to explain predictive analytics to non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s in Math, Engineering, or Computer Science (or technical degree with commensurate industry experience).
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in data science/machine learning.
Nice to Have:
- AWS services such as Lambda, AppSync, S3, and DynamoDB
- DevOps experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment.
- Experience in software engineering best practices, principles, and code design concepts.
- Speech-to-text or OCR expertise.
You Are Someone Who:
- Has a passion for code quality and craftsmanship.
- Views your profession as your craft and continuously pursues excellence in your work.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
- Collaborates effectively across various teams, coordinating regularly to set and manage expectations.
- Being a key part of a fast-growing software company where you can make a difference.
- Comprehensive insurance plans.
- Monthly wellness allowance.
- Flexible paid time off & paid volunteer time.
- Learning & development.
- Working in the historic and centrally located Marathon Village in Nashville, TN.
- Participating in team outings, events, and general fun!
- Helping to change an industry by serving the men and women that make our world turn.
Senior Machine Learning - Series A Funded Startup
Dec 26 2019
- Care deeply about democratizing access to data.
- Passionate about big data and are excited by seemingly-impossible challenges.
- At least 80% of people who have worked with you put you in the top 10% of the people they have worked with.
- You think life is too short to work with B-players.
- You are entrepreneurial and want to work in a super fact-paced environment where the solutions aren’t already predefined.
About the role:
- SafeGraph is a B2B data company that sells to data scientists and machine learning engineers.
- SafeGraph's goal is to be the place for all information about physical Places
- SafeGraph currently has 20+ people and has raised a $20 million Series A. CEO previously was founder and CEO of LiveRamp (NYSE:RAMP).
- Company is growing fast, over $10M ARR, and is currently profitable.
- Company is based in San Francisco but about 50% of the team is remote (all in the U.S.). We get the entire company together in the same place every month.
- Core software engineer.
- Reporting to SafeGraph's CTO.
- Work as an individual contributor.
- Opportunities for future leadership.
Nice to haves:
- You have at least 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Deep understanding of machine learning models, data analysis, and both supervised and unsupervised learning methods.
- Proficiency writing production-quality code, preferably in Scala, Java, or Python.
- Experience working with huge data sets.
- You are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You are amazingly entrepreneurial.
- You want to help build a massive company.
- Experience using Apache Spark to solve production-scale problems.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with building ML models from the ground up.
- Experience working with huge data sets.
- Python, Database and Systems Design, Scala, TensorFlow, Apache Spark, Hadoop MapReduce.